“Pleasant dinner with friends.”

Trattoria Dal Santo
Ranked #15 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We ate at a Dal Santo's with two other couples on a Friday night. The place was quite busy, but our wait was relatively short. Our server was awesome and the wine selection great. The pasta dishes were all very good. The pan fried walleye was good, although I've had much better for far cheaper.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Husband and I were in DC celebrating 20th wedding anniversary. Heather at Reynolds House recommended TDS, and we adored it. Jamie started us out right by recommending a great wine, and alerting us immediately that if we wanted the mussels - evening special - there was only one order left, and we did, so she reserved it for us right away - and they were amazing, I can still taste them :) We also ordered calamari and the Tre Bruschetti - both excellent. These three dishes plus the delicious bread were enough to fill us up (we generally eat fairly light), but the desserts sounded SO good... Jamie suggested we take one to go - smart girl!!! We enjoyed our tiramisu later at the B&B. We wanted to go back again before leaving town but they were not open for lunch... we look forward to going back on our next journey to WI!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Went there recently and ordered the Chicken Parmesan. I wanted to have their rapido (oil & garlic) sauce on the pasta and the marinara sauce on the chicken. Simple request, right? I was told I'd have to order a $6 side order of pasta if I wanted to have the rapido sauce. Our nice waitress tried to plead my case with the stubborn chef-owner, but to no avail. We will not return and will discourage our friends and family from dining here.

2  Thank rpsimmons
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This was by far the best meal we had in Door County during our trip. We ordered a small plate pasta which was plenty filling. The salad was also excellent. Viewing some other meals being served, I was disappointed we hadn't found this place earlier. The stuffed pork chop looked amazing. Even liked the house Cianti. Place can probably get a bit noisy when it's busy but the atmosphere for us was pleasant.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We eat here every year when we visit Sturgeon Bay. Nice to see they moved into a new space which was fresh and nice. Service was very efficient and friendly. We were not super hungry so ordered 3 small eats which was perfect. The toasted ravioli is yummy, served with a marinara sauce. Nice Tuna and shrimp, too.