“"F" in experience”

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“"F" in experience”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Unsatisfied and will probably never go back...not when there are other more wonderful wineries than this place. The customer service gets an "F" in every branch. 1) First of all, it moved and didn't update the map location, so after driving for over an hour, I got to a closed parking lot with no signage that it changed locations. I called, and it was 6-7 minutes back in a direction I already drove, essentially adding 15 minutes to my drive by going back and forth and stopping to call. 2) When I got there, they cashed other people out and walked away from the register, leaving me to stand there for several minutes with no greeting, until my boyfriend and I sat ourselves at the bar. 3) By then I didn't want anything. So my boyfriend ordered the wine selections and we got to share a plate of plain oyster crackers with another couple. He paid the $5, when other wineries offer free tastings. We didn't get any cheese, bread, or chocolate, even though I found out it's Wonder Bread and Hersheys Kisses. 4) The bartender told us she only worked there for the wine discount and went down the list of all the ones she couldn't afford. I didn't want to spend a penny of my money at this winery. Go to others around for a much much better experience!!!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Gia P

Wisconsin
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Am I in a pole shed with cheap wine”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I really enjoyed the person doing the tasting. I like to start out positive, but now to the meat and potatoes, or shall I say the wine and oyster crackers. For $5.00 I really wanted to taste at least one wine that was good. None here. We have done dozen's of tastings...free and not free. I don't know what their old location looked like but this one is horrible. It looks like a pole shed outside my dad's farm. The wines left a lot to be desired. They are quite spendy $25.00 to $50.00 a bottle and I have had better for $12.00. I was joking that palette must not be sophisticated enough for their wines, but I know that this really isn't true. The wines are very true to their description...the one that boasts hints of tobacco really tastes like you are eating a cigarette (maybe the barrel was toasted too much), etc...etc...Out of all of the winery tours you have to choose from, I don't recommend this one!!

wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun time”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

we stopped here and did a few samples staff was great and very helpful. We ended up buying a few bottles

Watertown, WI
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Not terrible, but not worth the stop”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stopped here as part of the Wisconsin Wine Co-op tour. The wines were ok, and pricier than we felt they were worth. VERY limited on sweeter wines. Price to sample the wines seemed high for what you get, and the staff was not very "customer friendly". More interested in the TV show.

1 Thank Watertown_Traveler
Hartland, Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous Winery”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our visit to this winery the best out of all our winery visits in Door County! Although the outside building was less than inviting, we loved the decor and the inviting feeling we received by Jan when we arrived. Jan was extremely friendly and informative about the wines. There is a five dollar charge for tasting, but it is well worth it. Other wineries in the area charge and give you very little wine. Barely enough to assess them, but this was not the case here. Figure it this way, anywhere you go, it will cost you a minimum six dollars for ONE glass of wine that you may not even know if you like in a restaurant. At Red Oak, you get five tastes of any wines you would like including their port which is OUTSTANDING! We also found out from Jan that they are moving their facilities to a new location on Hwy 42, which will be more convenient and easier to find than going downtown. My husband and I also love the hometown feel of this winery versus the high production wineries that are very impersonal!

Visited August 2012