“Second time in B& B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We met friends there and had a wonderful 3 night stay. Robin went out of her way to make you feel like honored guests. Wonderful coffee,and breakfast was amazing. She had us set up in the dining room so we could play cards in the evening. Nice having a dessert in the evening.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon845

Reviewed 13 August 2013

The Garden Gate B&B is exactly what every B&B should be. The innkeeper, Robin, is friendly and attentive. The rooms have a quaint Victorian feel, but are impeccably clean and have flat screen TVs and air conditioning. My husband and I stayed at the Garden Gate June 25-28, 2013. Since there was only 1 other couple staying at the inn our first night, Robin generously upgraded us to a bigger room. The 2 other couples we met staying at the inn during our stay were both on their honeymoons. We were served a different, hot, multi-course breakfast each morning at 9am. I am a vegetarian, which Robin took in stride. Another guest one day was gluten-free, and this also was not a problem. The breakfasts were so big that during our entire stay we never went out for lunch once! Robin wrapped up homemade muffins for us each day and we ate those as a snack around 2pm. Upon arriving back to the inn in the evenings there was always a freshly baked dessert magically awaiting us outside our rooms (lemon cake, chocolate chip cookies, brownies). Each day while we were out our room was cleaned and straightened beautifully and our pillow mints were even refreshed daily as well. My husband and I were in Wisconsin from Seattle for a wedding in Appleton on a Sat, so spent Tues-Fri in Door County before heading south. We made the Garden Gate our home base and ventured north each day. I would highly recommend the Garden Gate to anyone looking for a place to stay in Door County at a good value.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellie T
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We decided to take a trip up North to Door County. We booked this mini vacation at the last minute. Robin was so accommodating. She is truly a one-of-a kind hostess. We felt so very pampered in a kind, generous, loving manner. Our room was exquisite. The three cakes she had in the upstairs hallway were divine. Our boys were treated as if they were her very own grandchildren. We will definitely return and look forward to another visit here at the Garden Gate!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonja316
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast in July 2013. We wanted to get away for a relaxing vacation. The property was nicely landscaped and the house was beautiful. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The owner, Robin, was so friendly and helpful. She made recommendations for where to eat and even where we could get a nice romantic walk in. She had an evening snack ready for us when we returned at the end of the day. The breakfast was ready promptly at 9 am and was fit for a king. Fresh fruit, hot egg casserole, hot coffee, juice and more. We took our chocolate chip muffins with us because we were so full. She even prepared something special for another guest who had dietary restrictions. In summary, we would stay there again. It felt like home, only nicer and cleaner and with a lot more pampering! We received a picture of us on the staircase when we got home. A nice souvenir of our trip!

2  Thank BRH-AWH
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed at this B&B on Saturday July 27th and it was a great experience! The hostess Robin was a great host. She gave us a tour when we arrived and then showed us our room. The room was neat and clean. If we needed anything she was a phone call away. It is located right next to downtown. The next morning we had breakfast with 3 other couples and the food was out of this world! We were a little apprehensive to have breakfast with a group of strangers, but we now like it more than any other way! Overall, it was a great experience, We will be back next year or this winter!

2  Thank Joshua J
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Arrived at 4:45. Check in is between 4 and 7. No one was there. Door was locked but there was a number on the door to call. Upon calling was asked if i had a reservation. Told Robin (the owner) we had reservation and paperwork to prove. Robin said she would check and get back to me. After waiting 15 minutes I called again. She told me she would be right there. When she arrived kept apologizing over and over but had no room for us. Had given it to someone else. Could not explain what had happened. Our son had given us a gift certificate for our anniversary. We had driven 3 1/2 hrs and now had no place to stay. Robin offered to find us a room. We wanted nothing from her but a refund which she did give us. We only saw the front hall so could not tell you what the rooms are like.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda P
gardengt8, Owner at Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

I’ve been an innkeeper for 13 years and never had this happen before. When you called I left the farm I was working for, 13 miles away, immediately. On my way home, I called another innkeeper, to help me find you a room. Upon arriving home, she called back to say, she had found a room. After listening to you say how much you did not want to stay at a B&B, I apologized to you again and again. I looked for my paperwork on your stay, on the way home, but did not have you in my reservations. After I paid you for your reservation and you left, I still could not imagine what happened. I called the innkeeper back to say thanks for helping. She said think about it some more, knowing I was so upset about the problem. I took a deep breathe and thought to look in the file for cancellations, there was your paper worked. Cancelled July 7th, what a sad happening.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

A charming, extremely clean, beautifully decorated home. Robin makes you feel that you belong there as soon as you walk through the door.
The beds are comfortable and the rooms bring back memories of childhood.
We chose the cozy Vintage Rose with the largest bathroom.. Loved the wallpaper and the beautiful woodwork throughout the lovely home.
We arrived at 4, met Robin and took a tour and then retired to our room for a nap.
Awoke to freshly made cake in the hallway outside our door along with teas, pop, etc.
We chose a movie for that evening which is also in the upstairs hallway along with a small library.
We awoke the first morning at 7 to fresh delicious Door County coffee outside our door in the hallway.
We were told breakfast is served at 9 am.
We all gather downstairs around 8:45 and introduce ourselves.
At 9:00 Robin comes into the parlor and announces breakfast is served in the dining room.
The candlelit table is set beautifully and Robin begins with asking us to introduce ourselves. From then on, everyone at the table becomes very comfortable with sharing experiences and plans for our day with one another.
The breakfast is served and is positively elegant and delicious.
Robin begins to tell her wonderful stories and your friendship with her begins. Her passion and the love she feels for what she is doing shines through.
Robin was the highlight of our entire trip and if we ever travel north again, I hope Robin is still there with even more stories. We have made a new friend we won't forget!

2  Thank Cgudeman
Chanticleer Guest House
Chanticleer Guest House
#5 of 15 in Sturgeon Bay
Thorp House Inn and Cottages

Been to Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!