“Second stay- Definitely not our last!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is by far one of the best bed and breakfasts we have stayed at!! The attention to detail is astounding! Candlelit breakfasts which are so delicious, if you leave the table hungry- it's your own fault! Robin is a great hostess and culinary genius, all the special touches- from homemade treats at bedtime, popcorn and movies ( if you wish) and way to many things to mention!! We do recommend the Lavender Room if your looking for romance- the double whirlpool is truly amazing, and so relaxing after a long day :) All of the rooms here are beautiful so you can't go wrong with any of them! We will definitely be back!!! Thank you Robin for making our anniversary so memorable!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Chida_n_Puppy

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Robin is a terrific host who spoils you with her amazing breakfasts, delicous desserts and warm personality. A three course breakfast with the other guests was honestly delightful. The whole house was very clean and our room was ready for our arrival. My husband and I had a wonderful time at Garden Gate and Breakfast and we will be going back!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast for a girls' weekend getaway. I loved everything about it! It was peaceful, beautiful, and relaxing. My room was the Lavender Room and the whirlpool was heavenly. I didn't want to come home!

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautifully decorated. The whirlpool in the Lavender Room would be perfect for a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I planned to celebrate our anniversary away from home. We searched for a romantic setting. He found that the Garden Gate had the number 1 B&B rating in Sturgeon Bay. Stayiing in the Garden Gate certainly lived up to its rating.
Robin is a wonderful hostess. She welcomed us with a cheerful hello and made us feel at home straigtht away. We were shown our room and where to get something to drink. Once we settled in, she helped us plan things to do. Robin is very informed about things happening around Sturgeon Bay. Her suggestions were wonderful.
Breakfast at the Garden Gate fabulous. Robin is a great cook. Each day there is something delectable to eat.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and definitely recommend the Garden Gate.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I wanted to get away for one night so we thought we would love to see Door County.....I read the reviews on Garden Gate B&B and thought we would try it. Robin was the perfect hostess from the time we arrived until we left. She gave us so much information to see and do and her B&B was beautiful.. She was so enjoyable to talk to while we were having our breakfast and such a lovely lady. She made sure we got or needed for anything. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a relaxation or fun time in Sturgeon Bay. Thank you so much Robin and hope to see you again soon. Bill and Kookie Jones

Room Tip: the lavender room was beautiful with a double jauzzi and a balcony all for you.
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I needed a place to stay while i working at BayShip right across the street. I never thought of staying at a B&B, but I am glad I did. Walking in the place was very clean and the decor was refreshing. Robin was easy to talk to and very sociable. I think the best part of staying there was Robins delicious cooking.From a great breakfast to the scrumptious desserts that she puts out at night

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We have fallen for the charm and personality of the B&B experience--and Garden Gate definitely tops the list. From the warm welcome at the door to the stunningly appointed main-floor and the effortless check-in process, and on to the stunning Lavender Room: the first impressions were those of warm, welcome and an invitation to savor. Savor the amenities of the antique queen bed, the en-suite swirltub, the delicate chocolate treats (from brownies to Ghirardelli squares placed about the room).

Savor time together, time apart from the normal pace of life--and most of all savor all the great options that are available in Sturgeon Bay, many within walking distance from the doorstep of Garden Gate.

Breakfast--oh my word--SAVOR your breakfast! Come hungry and be prepared to savor tasty treats from fresh pastries to hashbrown quiche...

Also--while this visit was sans our kiddo--I, especially, appreciated that Robin does welcome little ones (ours is 18 months) into her B&B. Its nice to know that at least one B&B where we are all welcome to visit!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Chanticleer Guest House
Chanticleer Guest House
#5 of 15 in Sturgeon Bay
Thorp House Inn and Cottages

Been to Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!