“Wonderful July 4th weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful July 4th weekend!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Robin has thought of everything - DVDs, wine glasses, free beer and non-alcoholic drinks, home-made late night snacks, and an GREAT breakfast. The location and room quality are perfect too! A MUST GO.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked amazing. We stayed at the vintage room, which was quiet and nice. The bathroom...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
gardengt8, Owner at Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for being my guests for the holiday. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. As for the beer in the fridge that was left my another guest before you came. I have pop in there for anyone who would like it. But I do not supply beer for guests just to make that clear for incoming guests. If other drinks are left there for anyone who wants them Lucky you. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our first trip to Door County and we decided to stay at Garden Gate B&B based on its location and excellent reviews. This was our first B&B experience and I think this experience has set the bar very high. The proprietor, Robin, is very welcoming and she truly loves what she does. Garden Gate B&B is a short walk from the waterfront, restaurants and shopping. There are four well-appointed and comfortable rooms, each with their own bathroom. We were glad we chose the Lavender Room. Aside from beautiful antique furnishings and luxurious appeal, the Lavender Room has a two-person whirlpool tub and a walkout to a deck with a table and chairs. Talk about attention to detail - a purse was hanging from the door to the walkout and it had towels to wipe the dew from the chairs each morning - how thoughtful. The hallway has a refrigerator stocked with beverages. In the hallway, you will also find a microwave with packages of microwavable popcorn, coffee cups (coffee served each morning), tea bags, and a treat like fresh baked cookies or cake. The hallway also has a large collection of DVDs and CDs. Rooms feature a CD player and flat screen TV as well as free Wi-Fi. Breakfast is a real treat at Garden Gate B&B. Robin puts out an amazing spread. Breakfast is served precisely at 9:00 a.m. and you do not want to miss it. The dining room table is set with beautiful china and fresh picked flowers. The menu was different each day and Robin will accommodate those with food allergies. The presentation is exquisite and the food tastes amazing. You are well fed and can skip lunch with the amount of great food available. Soft music accompanies the meal as well as great conversation with the other guests. We highly recommend a stay at Garden Gate B&B. Ira & Marion

Room Tip: I highly recommend the Lavender Room!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
WOW looks like you didn't miss seeing each detail either. The review you wrote was wonderful. I'm glad your first experience was so good for you. We as innkeepers would like to think that you would continue to try more b&b's as you travel. I love having guests that notice that innkeepers work so hard to make our guests feel at home and hope they feel comfortable while being gone from there home It sounds like that was true for you. Hope to see you again soon..
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A friend who is a business consultant once told me: "if a businessman loves what they do... and if they care about building relationships with people rather then making money, they will succeed both in making relationships and making money." Having stayed at Garden Gate drove this point home for me.
Upon entering into the house, it is obvious that there is love in the air. I mean, the whole business deal and paying online with credit card disappears before your eyes and all you see is this warm environment that is meticulous and well taken care of. The decor is absolutely adorable and a lot of thought has been put into placing the furniture and decorations. Robin, the host, is very friendly and caring.
We stayed at the Lavender Room and absolutely enjoyed the whirl pool and the romantic environment. Robin baked an awesome chocolate cake for the guests and placed it by the coffee machine in the evening.
The breakfast was amazing! The French toast, muffin, cherry juice, coffee, and a bowl of fruit was way more than I expected and so delicious! Robin puts a lot of passion into what she does and it shows. We want to come back Robin! We miss you!

Room Tip: If this is a romantic get away, choose the Lavender Room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
gardengt8, Owner at Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your review. You are so correct I LOVE what I do and feel so blessed sharing it all with others . Hope to see you again when visiting our beautiful county.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was our first B&B stay. I am so glad that I have found Garden Gate B&B on Tripadvisor. Robin was a welcoming and fantastic host, and full of interesting stories. The three-course breakfast was so so delicious and hearty. Everything tastes wonderful and so fresh (no need for lunch!). I love the "to-go" muffins, and they are absolutely yummy. The lemon cake provided on the table in the hallway was very tasty as well. I found the breakfast-at-9 with all the other guests was the most memorable experience during the stay. Besides the vintage decorations, I would like to note that there was DVD player with flat screen TV in the room. Robin has a range of DVD collections that the guest can borrow during their stay (also CDs). We got to enjoy a movie night during our vacation. The room was very clean and comfy. The wireless internet works perfectly fine in our room (Garden suite). Although the ship factory was just in front of the house, the location was very convenient to drive north to other attractions in Door County.

Room Tip: We stayed in Garden Suite. This is the only room with shower only but no bath tub. It was not a prob...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for being my guest and for writing a review. As for the DVDs they were the chosen by my family. They are all movie watchers I am not. Thought they would be something nicce for my guests to enjoy. Thanks for mentioning the muffins some guests call them the 2;00 muffins they say you won't need to eat them til then.They replace lunch.Thank you and hope to see you again.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This b&b is in short walking distance from restaurants and shops. The inn keeper Robin is very wecoming and it was spotless clean. The area was quiet but the ship yard is right across the street and not so nice to look at. The breakfast was tasty and filling. Be aware that breakfast time is at 9 am for all, so make your plans accordingly. It is comfortable and nicely decorated with all the amenities that you expect from a well run B&B.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for the comment about the house being clean as for the reason being we have had road construction for the past 10 weeks in front of the b&b. I only hoped that I was keeping up with all the dust and other cleaning. It seemed as tho that was a never ending job. Thanks for the compliment.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had to go to Wisconsin on business and prefer to stay at B&B's. The owner, Robin, was a wonderful women. The place was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was fantastic. While there I was able to do some sight seeing and found this to be a centrally located place and Robin was able to give me some recommendations on where to visit, eat and shop. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
gardengt8, Owner at Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Mark,
It's always a pleasure to have people at our table who enjoy that first meal of the day."Breakfast is our Signature" great conversation, good food, and wonderful people what a great start to a new day. Hope to see you again on your next trip to see our beautiful county. .Love to have repeat guests.
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed 29 June 2014

As part of the Grand Circle Tour of Lake Michigan we stayed at the Garden Gate. The room was very comfortable and the entire house was filled with antiques. Robin, the innkeeper, was able to share many stories about her collection of treasures as well as valuable advice concerning the Bay area. We were treated to a delightful dessert and an assortment of drinks upon the evening arrival. In the morning a bountiful breakfast was served to all the guests. All the food was well prepared and very tasty. I am a big eater but couldn't finish it all and was forced to take a muffin for the road. I am normally a "hotel type guy" but this experience may have won me over to B&B's.

Room Tip: Each room has a special appeal and a call to the inn would help you decide which room would fit your...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
gardengt8, Owner at Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for being my guest and for taking the time to write a review. "Breakfast is our Signature" is something I want my guests to remember about the Garden Gate. I love to cook and bake and love to share them both with my guests. Cooking for people that love to eat is a pleasure. All of my recipes are on my website. There easier to make then you think. Please enjoy them with your friends and family.Hope to see you again soon. Love to have repeat guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgeon Bay
#1 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay
The Diplomat Bed & Breakfast
The Diplomat Bed & Breakfast
#5 of 15 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!