“Incredible hospitality and food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed in the English Lavender room. The theme was beautiful, the bathroom was luxurious, and was full of little things to discover to make us feel welcomed, from a tray of chocolates, some fresh cookies waiting for us, and cherry wine on ice. A guest book on top of the dresser listed years of individuals congratulating Robin on her service and hospitality.

That evening dessert was placed in the hallway waiting for us to come home. It looked good so we tried a bite and my wife said to me "Oh my gosh, I cannot wait for breakfast!" We weren't wrong. Blew us out of the water and I loved conversing with Robin and the other guests. Incredibly hospitable and helpful, fun and cheerful, Robin was the best host I have had.

• Stayed: July 2014
gardengt8, Owner at Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for so many compliments. It sure was nice of your parents to give you a gift to stay at the Garden Gate for your honeymoon. As you know your parents were my guests and enjoyed their stay so they knew what you would experience at a b&b. As for wine in your room I try to make special occasions Specials and that sure is a great occasion. Hope you spend your anniversary with me again next year. Tell your mom and dad I said thanks.

There are newer reviews for Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Robin has thought of everything - DVDs, wine glasses, free beer and non-alcoholic drinks, home-made late night snacks, and an GREAT breakfast. The location and room quality are perfect too! A MUST GO.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked amazing. We stayed at the vintage room, which was quiet and nice. The bathroom...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
gardengt8, Owner at Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for being my guests for the holiday. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. As for the beer in the fridge that was left my another guest before you came. I have pop in there for anyone who would like it. But I do not supply beer for guests just to make that clear for incoming guests. If other drinks are left there for anyone who wants them Lucky you. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our first trip to Door County and we decided to stay at Garden Gate B&B based on its location and excellent reviews. This was our first B&B experience and I think this experience has set the bar very high. The proprietor, Robin, is very welcoming and she truly loves what she does. Garden Gate B&B is a short walk from the waterfront, restaurants and shopping. There are four well-appointed and comfortable rooms, each with their own bathroom. We were glad we chose the Lavender Room. Aside from beautiful antique furnishings and luxurious appeal, the Lavender Room has a two-person whirlpool tub and a walkout to a deck with a table and chairs. Talk about attention to detail - a purse was hanging from the door to the walkout and it had towels to wipe the dew from the chairs each morning - how thoughtful. The hallway has a refrigerator stocked with beverages. In the hallway, you will also find a microwave with packages of microwavable popcorn, coffee cups (coffee served each morning), tea bags, and a treat like fresh baked cookies or cake. The hallway also has a large collection of DVDs and CDs. Rooms feature a CD player and flat screen TV as well as free Wi-Fi. Breakfast is a real treat at Garden Gate B&B. Robin puts out an amazing spread. Breakfast is served precisely at 9:00 a.m. and you do not want to miss it. The dining room table is set with beautiful china and fresh picked flowers. The menu was different each day and Robin will accommodate those with food allergies. The presentation is exquisite and the food tastes amazing. You are well fed and can skip lunch with the amount of great food available. Soft music accompanies the meal as well as great conversation with the other guests. We highly recommend a stay at Garden Gate B&B. Ira & Marion

Room Tip: I highly recommend the Lavender Room!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

WOW looks like you didn't miss seeing each detail either. The review you wrote was wonderful. I'm glad your first experience was so good for you. We as innkeepers would like to think that you would continue to try more b&b's as you travel. I love having guests that notice that innkeepers work so hard to make our guests feel at home and hope they feel comfortable while being gone from there home It sounds like that was true for you. Hope to see you again soon..

Reviewed 7 July 2014

A friend who is a business consultant once told me: "if a businessman loves what they do... and if they care about building relationships with people rather then making money, they will succeed both in making relationships and making money." Having stayed at Garden Gate drove this point home for me.
Upon entering into the house, it is obvious that there is love in the air. I mean, the whole business deal and paying online with credit card disappears before your eyes and all you see is this warm environment that is meticulous and well taken care of. The decor is absolutely adorable and a lot of thought has been put into placing the furniture and decorations. Robin, the host, is very friendly and caring.
We stayed at the Lavender Room and absolutely enjoyed the whirl pool and the romantic environment. Robin baked an awesome chocolate cake for the guests and placed it by the coffee machine in the evening.
The breakfast was amazing! The French toast, muffin, cherry juice, coffee, and a bowl of fruit was way more than I expected and so delicious! Robin puts a lot of passion into what she does and it shows. We want to come back Robin! We miss you!

Room Tip: If this is a romantic get away, choose the Lavender Room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
gardengt8, Owner at Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your review. You are so correct I LOVE what I do and feel so blessed sharing it all with others . Hope to see you again when visiting our beautiful county.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was our first B&B stay. I am so glad that I have found Garden Gate B&B on Tripadvisor. Robin was a welcoming and fantastic host, and full of interesting stories. The three-course breakfast was so so delicious and hearty. Everything tastes wonderful and so fresh (no need for lunch!). I love the "to-go" muffins, and they are absolutely yummy. The lemon cake provided on the table in the hallway was very tasty as well. I found the breakfast-at-9 with all the other guests was the most memorable experience during the stay. Besides the vintage decorations, I would like to note that there was DVD player with flat screen TV in the room. Robin has a range of DVD collections that the guest can borrow during their stay (also CDs). We got to enjoy a movie night during our vacation. The room was very clean and comfy. The wireless internet works perfectly fine in our room (Garden suite). Although the ship factory was just in front of the house, the location was very convenient to drive north to other attractions in Door County.

Room Tip: We stayed in Garden Suite. This is the only room with shower only but no bath tub. It was not a prob...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for being my guest and for writing a review. As for the DVDs they were the chosen by my family. They are all movie watchers I am not. Thought they would be something nicce for my guests to enjoy. Thanks for mentioning the muffins some guests call them the 2;00 muffins they say you won't need to eat them til then.They replace lunch.Thank you and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This b&b is in short walking distance from restaurants and shops. The inn keeper Robin is very wecoming and it was spotless clean. The area was quiet but the ship yard is right across the street and not so nice to look at. The breakfast was tasty and filling. Be aware that breakfast time is at 9 am for all, so make your plans accordingly. It is comfortable and nicely decorated with all the amenities that you expect from a well run B&B.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for the comment about the house being clean as for the reason being we have had road construction for the past 10 weeks in front of the b&b. I only hoped that I was keeping up with all the dust and other cleaning. It seemed as tho that was a never ending job. Thanks for the compliment.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had to go to Wisconsin on business and prefer to stay at B&B's. The owner, Robin, was a wonderful women. The place was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was fantastic. While there I was able to do some sight seeing and found this to be a centrally located place and Robin was able to give me some recommendations on where to visit, eat and shop. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
gardengt8, Owner at Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Mark,
It's always a pleasure to have people at our table who enjoy that first meal of the day."Breakfast is our Signature" great conversation, good food, and wonderful people what a great start to a new day. Hope to see you again on your next trip to see our beautiful county. .Love to have repeat guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgeon Bay
#4 of 15 in Sturgeon Bay
Chanticleer Guest House
Chanticleer Guest House
#5 of 15 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!