“Simply the best. Better food, service, and accommodations than a five star resort.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Foxglove Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
The Foxglove Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I have so many wonderful things to say about Foxglove Inn that I will no doubt be talking about my experience for years to come. My group of three stayed in the imminently decadent Foxglove Suite and by the second day I was already referring to our room as "home".

The inn has the classic and romantic charm that seems to be a requirement for bed and breakfasts, yet it manages to avoid any kitsch or outdated furnishings.

Our suite was loaded with modern amenities thoughtfully tucked away inside beautiful wooden cabinets, including: WiFi, Blue Ray players, flat screen TV's, and mini-refrigerator.

Though the suite's breakfast table was more than large enough for three people, we ate our breakfasts outside our private entrance on the enormous porch. The food was exceptional, and our table looked like it was pulled straight from the pages of a glossy lifestyle magazine. The owners also care about ethical business practices, and after I asked some questions they took time to tell us about the amazing co-operative from which they get their fair trade coffee.

Photographs fail to capture the breath taking size of the suite, and the tall ceilings adorned with ornate crown moulding and sparkling chandeliers are truly breath taking. One of my travel companions spent almost an hour just laying on her back staring up at the ceiling.

The bed was exceptionally comfortable, easily one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Ever. The bedding was decadent and tasteful.

My personal favorite is the enormous jacuzzi tub, which easily fit two people with room to spare. It was, without a doubt, one of the best bubble baths of my entire life. The jar of complimentary bath salts, though small, was able to give the entire bath a lovely scent and silky texture. All of the complimentary toiletries were far and beyond better than the usual mini-bottles.

Ultimately, as the other reviews suggest, every amazing detail is owed to the astounding abilities of the inn keepers. Beyond being exceptionally friendly, helpful, and accommodating, they are also clearly talented designers, cooks, and astute business women. Their website is beautiful and easy to use, loaded with gorgeous photos you could fall into. From the very first contact I made with them, they went above and beyond five star industry standards to ensure that my vacation in Sturgeon Bay was everything I could have dreamed it to be. I was in town for a business/pleasure combination and their thoughtful advice helped me find a photo shoot location that was nearby and less crowded than my original choice, thus reducing my travel time and costs. I cannot write a review long enough to mention every way they made me and my travel companions feel welcome. Before we had even checked in, my friend was saying how she wanted to return with her husband. I am excited to watch this business grow and develop, as I know these two women will always have careers in the hospitality industry as long as they want them.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Kelly and Carri are two of the best innkeepers we have ever stayed with. They have taken on an established B and B with mixed reviews and turning it around in short order. The bed was very comfortable, which seems to be an issue at many B and Bs who think they can throw a mattress topper on a worn out mattress instead of replacing it. Not so here! They also do not try to use flowery scents to mask a lack of cleaning. The bathroom in particular was absolutely clean, right down to the woodwork. No dust or grime hiding in the corners, or behind the faucet on the sink.

The food was also wonderful, they deliver it to your door, hot and plentiful to give you energy for your day. While making you feel very pampered with lovely quiche or amazing french toast, it was still substantial and included bacon, sausage or one morning ham, you did not have to go out for 'second breakfast'.

There were also the afternoon 'treats' left with fresh coffee in the entryway area. No tiny precise rationed servings there either, a full platter of fabulous brownies, or fresh baked cookies of various types would suddenly appear hot from the oven. and remain there until late in the evening in case you wanted a bit of desert after coming home from dinner or a walk in the neighborhood. My husband liked the Coconut peach scones so much he purloined one to save for the next morning at breakfast... and he does not even like scones.

We were invited to share our adventures if we wanted, but not 'grilled' for details as some Innkeepers do. Nor did they insist that we become instant 'friends' with our fellow guests. It was left to us to decide as it should be.

In short, it was a wonderful place to stay and we would recommend it to anyone who wants a good nights sleep and a real breakfast in a lovely historic home within walking distance of the historic downtown shops and restaurants, with friendly Innkeepers who truly care about 'your' comfort.

Bravo ladies you give B and Bs a good name.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Grand Haven, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

There are so many wonderful things to say about the Fox Glove Inn! I will start with the Inn keepers - Kelli and Kerri were just outstanding! They are wonderful people who keep the Bed and Breakfast immaculate! We really enjoyed getting to know these ladies! They are great company if you prefer to visit, or let you keep to yourselves if you prefer privacy. We enjoyed chatting with Kelli and Kerri so much that we missed our Ferry back home. ( Don't worry ladies, we made a different ferry, and we both agreed we would not have missed chatting with you if we could have changed it!)

The Inn itself is gorgeous, and well kept! The decor is very tastefully done (they have remodeled) and the rooms are extremely clean. The bed was very comfortable, with great linens. We stayed in the Lady Slipper Suite, and it was perfect. We loved the private entrance, and the soaking tub! I can say that all of the suites were beautiful! We were able to get a mini tour as the rooms emptied out very briefly ( they are getting a lot of business as the word is spreading about this wonderful B&B!)

The food - WOW! The food is homemade and is delicious! It is brought right to your room, so you can eat in the comfort of your own room, and your pajamas if you wish. The meals were different each morning and each was delicious. I loved the homemade stuffed french toast, and the fresh fruit was fabulous! Much more than we expected!

The location of the Inn is great also! We were within walking distance ( a couple of blocks) to great restaraunts and shops. I was a little worried before arriving, due to some of the comments about Sturgeon Bay not being the best destination in Door County, but I have to say we were extremely happy with this little town! Some great restaraunts - John Martin's is a must, and 136 as well. We went in many shops and found the town to be quite fun! It is also a great destination to explore the rest of Door County from.

Do not overlook this place, you will not regret your stay here! JUST PERFECT!!

Thanks Kelli and Kerri, we WILL be back! :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank kariking2016
Elm Grove, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Owners and hosts Kelly and Carri have done wonderful work on this beautiful home. And they were the perfect hosts for our weekend trip to Door County. The room was beautifully decorated, comfortable and very clean. Add the tasty evening snacks (the gluten-free brownies were to die-for!) and excellent breakfast delivered to our room and my wife and I are hooked. Can't want to come back for our next visit!

Sleep Quality
1 Thank crdesign
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My 2nd stay here and all I can say is wow! I stayed in the Water Lily Suite and loved it! The porch was accessible from the suite and worked very well to use as a guitar practice area! Everything here is so beautiful and relaxing. I haven't slept this well in months! This is definitely my favorite vacation destination!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank catsandguitars
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The one thing that made our week’s vacation so special in Door County was our stay at Foxglove Inn. Innkeeper’s Carrie and Kelly know how to make their guests feel welcome: from freshly baked cookies, unlimited coffee and tea, to delicious and beautifully presented breakfasts brought to your room, to the warm ambiance they create in this stunning home…it all adds up to making this is the beat place to unwind and enjoy the peninsula.

We stayed in the Hawthorne Suite and loved the comfort of our very spacious accommodations. We dined most mornings on the porch where we had direct access from our immaculate room.

The website photos very accurately represent the Inn. They hint at how wonderful Foxglove Inn is, but we encourage you to find out exactly how special this B & B is, first hand. Carrie and Kelly, thank you for making our visit so extraordinary!

2 Thank artistatsea
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Beautiful room, home-cooked breakfast served in the room and very friendly and helpful owners. They were very accommodating and even brought us our breakfast early. The rooms have been updated beautifully, but the house is older (squeaky floors, difficult doorknobs). Great location in Sturgeon Bay, but not located in central Door County, so if you're planning to head to Peninsula State Park, or shopping in Egg Harbor or Fish Creek you will have a bit of a drive from here.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Thorp House Inn and Cottages

Been to The Foxglove Inn? Share your experiences!