“Breathtaking view, friendly staff, clean, well kept bed and breakfast”
Review of Little Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Little Harbor Inn
Ranked #9 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Breathtaking view, friendly staff, clean, well kept bed and breakfast”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We loved our room at the Little Harbor Inn. The price was excellent and the view was fantastic. The room was neat, up to date, and very comfortable. There was even a love seat facing the window so we could look out at the lake. We loved the large hot tub and fireplace. The delicious morning breakfast was brought to our room by very friendly, helpful staff. It was a very romantic spot for a get-away!

Room Tip: The rooms on the ends are a little bigger, with sitting areas. The website provides good photos and...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joan S

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this B&B many times in the past, but it has been 5 years since our last stay due to our relocation out of the state. We booked three rooms to celebrate my parents' and sister/brother-in-laws anniversary in mid-October. I was very disappointed at the cleanliness of the room, the condition of carpeting, and the quality of the breakfast. In the past, there had been great attention to detail, but not any longer. I highly recommend replacing the carpeting (I'm sure it is original) and updating the furnishing. We also were disappointed that we only got a few local channels on the television, even though the brochure and website state free HBO. In the past they had satellite television, but it is not available now. We certainly didn't spend all our time watching tv, but the weather was bad while we were there so in the evening it would have been nice to have been able to watch a movie. I used to highly recommend this B&B, but no longer will. I think a little updating (carpet, furnishings) will go a long way.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deb G
Neenah, WI
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We decided last-minute to drive to Door County, and as a bonus got a gift certificate from someone on Craigslist, so we only ended up paying half-price for the room. We had one of the larger rooms on the top floor - fireplace & whirlpool - and shared balcony. Wish we had brought our own pillows for the bed - they were hard and uncomfortable. I normally don't get rooms with whirlpool tubs - I just think it's creepy and tacky to have a tub next to the bed. But, since we had one, we used it - not well planned out - the controls for the faucet are on the far side - you have to get IN the tub to turn it on. Two lights in the bathroom didn't work, and the exhaust fan was all dusty/dirty. Carpet looked dirty/worn as well. Zero cell signal on Sprint and AT&T. The breakwater across the street seemed dangerous (no railing) for a bed & breakfast (I'd think the insurance would insist on something to keep people from falling off, especially since they encourage you to use the area for bonfires, sitting, etc.) Looked forward to borrowing the bicycles to ride around, but the tires were soft. I didn't ask for a bike pump, though.
Breakfast and coffee were good, staff was friendly, room was very quiet, and overall it was an acceptable stay. I just thought that for the (full) price it was nowhere near worth it. But, since we only paid half, I guess I can't complain. I mean, we didn't spend much time in the room anyway. But, I was a little disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chillyjenn
Defiance, Missouri
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I was uncertain when I initially made the reservation. But when we arrived I was quite happy with my selection. The Inn is located in a quiet location with an excellent view and proximity to the bay. The service was excellent, food delicious, room clean and fresh. Price was fair and included a filling breakfast brought to our room each morning. Other than wanting to explore other towns more fully in the area on our next visit to Door County I would not hesitate to stay at Little Harbor Inn again. One slight downfall but nothing we couldn’t deal with, the cell phone service was hit or miss on daily basis we found.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PJ1068
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 13 January 2011

My husband and I traveled to Door County after a conference in Green Bay. We were hoping for decent accommodations on the water for two of the nights that we were there. I can not say that this place was horrible. It was decent, but not for the price. I believe with a few improvements it could be much better. It is reasonable to say that there has not been much love dumped into the property for awhile. The house was a little run down, and there seemed to be some sort insect that had covered the outside with something that looked like tiny little webs. A good spray with a hose would take care of it and improve the outlook of the home. The decor was dated. They were going for the old fashioned victorian motif, but motif shouldn't keep the owners from replacing the carpet once in awhile. The outlets in our room only worked on one wall which was strange. The worst part was that is was dirty. When we arrived at our room, I notice that the room appeared to not have been cleaned after the previous occupant. The floor had something on it like fuzz from socks, and the bathroom was covered in hair. I am very picky about the bathroom. Needless to say, I was uncomfortable the whole time. I asked the staff, who were very helpful and friendly, to please clean the bathroom and vacuum my room. They had no problem accommodating my request. A little tip. I had to request clean towels for the room also. The towels are displayed in a basket on the floor of the bathroom. The problem is that the basket was dirty and also had the shower mat in it. I am certain that the mat is not cleaned or disinfected after every use. No body wants their clean towels in a dirty basket next to a dirty shower mat. The breakfast the first day was mediocre. The second day it was inedible. There were a few good things. The view was very nice. Although it is on the road, there was no car noise from the road in our room. The road is not busy, so it was not hard to enjoy sitting by the lake either. The fires by the lakeside at night were amazing. This could be a nice place if there was more attention to detail.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsPicky2
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed 1 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at Little Harbor Inn for three nights. The room was huge with a fireplace and whirlpool tub. Each room has a magnificent view of the bay. Our room was on the second floor and had access to a balcony to sit on and watch the bay. Across the road, which has very little traffic, the Inn provides benches, lounge chairs and a fire pit. We had a bon fire one night and the Inn provides the "fixings" for Smores.

It is a quiet and relaxing environment with wonderful breakfasts served right at your door. We would, and will, recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Door County.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAS957
Birmingham
Reviewed 8 October 2009

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty, in a most warm, gracious, inviting atmosphere. Our hosts clearly take great pleasure and pride in providing guests with a world-class experience. A great location, with a view of the bay right out front, a lovely quiet road on which you can ride bikes provided for free, or take a paddleboat out on the water, again without charge.

The room was beautiful--very tastefully furnished and arranged. Beds large and comfortable. Quiet. Lovely gardens surrounding the house. And a most delicious breakfast delivered to our door in the morning.

Door County is Wisconsin's best-kept-secret. This inn is Door County's best-kept secret.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Little Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!