“Meh. Keep looking.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Little Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Little Harbor Inn
Ranked #9 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
“Meh. Keep looking.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My mom and I stayed two nights in Room 5 in August 2014. Overall, the place did not meet our expectations, but this review isn’t completely negative.

PROS:
- Price of the inn is signifcantly less than others in neighboring towns
- Views of the bay
- Large rooms
- Whirlpool tub and gas fireplace in room (did not use either in August!)
- Marshmallows available in the evening for roasting on a firepit close to the shore
- Located away from the hustle and bustle of concentrated tourist towns
- Comfortable bed

CONS:
- NO WIFI!!! This, coupled with no cell reception, rendered us unable to communicate with family at home nor unable to get internet access even with our smartphones while at the inn.
- Outdated, tired decor (antiques mixed with furniture from the 80s, shiny brass lamps mixed with brushed silver antique lamps… it just didn’t work)
- Carpet in the bedroom is way overdue replacement
- Balcony is nice but shared with four rooms
- For being a “bed and breakfast”, the breakfast was disappointing: day one featured a slice of lemon poppyseed bread, one small dish of mixed fruit in a sweet cream sauce – do not mistake this for a yogurt parfait! – and one small glass of juice. Day two: almond bread pastry and sliced bananas with cinnamon. No protein. Nothing hot.
- Breakfast is delivered to the room at 8am. This could be considered a pro or a con, depending on whether you want to eat said fruit in a sweet cream sauce with other guests or alone in your room.
- Coffee was only available in the “gathering room” (who gathers there, I don’t know) downstairs… why not deliver in a caraf with breakfast in the morning?
- The main entrance to the inn remains unlocked ALL NIGHT. The only lock on the individual room doors is a standard door handle with a turning lock – no deadbolt or chain.
- To access the waterfront and the firepit there, you must cross a road running between the inn and the water. It’s not a busy road, but there is traffic regardless.
- Only two pillows were on our bed, both of which were flat. No extras could be found in the room.

The verdict?
For Door County, this “B&B” is a good value. Don’t compare it to other hotels, B&Bs around the country, etc… but for DC, this place offers a decent stay for the price you pay. This place is on the market – hopefully a buyer will come along soon who will make the improvements needed to make this a place we’d recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms 5-8 are on the top floor and have a shared balcony.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Allyson M

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This B&B is in a wonderful location with a great view of the bay. We stayed in room 5 which was lovely, would highly recommend one of the end units to have a sitting area. The breakfasts were lacking however; they advertise a "full breakfast" but our first day was 1 muffin and some fruit (no coffee brought to us, had to get ourselves downstairs) and next was a scone and some fruit and 3rd day was oatmeal and sliced bananas (not a pretty plate for sure). It appears they use to offer a more substantial breakfast per other reviews and their website pictures. There is no internet which really is a bummer and not much on the tv for channels (it is HBO family, not the regular HBO by the way). The place is for sale...perhaps that is why things are lacking a bit? Price was right and we had a great time in Door County. I just think they need to be more truthful in their advertising...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BethandGer
Shell Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We (my brother and I) took my mom to her first trip to Door County, and I wanted to find a cute place to stay. I looked at a ton of different B &B's, but this one just seemed to keep drawing me back. I called to make sure that I could get a ground floor, since my mom has fibromyalgia, and the owner seemed very friendly and helpful on the phone. When we arrived and checked in, she had all the stuff that we needed to make a campfire in the fire pit and roast marshmallows. Right on the shore of Door County, with beautiful sunsets. How neat is that! The breakfasts were awesome and you didn't have to join a group of strangers for a community breakfast, as with many B & B's. The room was beautiful, the gathering room had a lot of local information and always had the makings for tea, hot chocolate, etc. Bikes were provided that we used to go for a bike trip. Altogether, an absolutely wonderful time, and I'm already planning a trip back this fall with some girlfriends. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Shawn H
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Little Harbor Inn is a cute hidden bed & breakfast. We stumbled upon it online when there was a deal going on for the month of May. It has the perks of being away from the traffic/noise, has a gorgeous waterfront view, bonfire pit & chairs by the water, nicely decorated rooms, and a quiet atmosphere. We stayed in room 5, which includes a whirlpool tub next to the fireplace. The location was great for having access to HWY 42 and Sturgeon Bay. Overall it was a really relaxing stay. Highly recommended. I think this place would benefit from more advertising online since we went so long without knowing it existed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Molly S
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 April 2014

What idiot wouldn't stay here! One word....WOW! First of all it's only 7 miles from Egg Harbor. Second, I priced a lot of hotels and they we're $250 MORE than this place. Even summer time rates are great! Every room has a sunset view over green bay. The rooms are cozy, breakfast is taken to your room, jacuzzi right in front of your fireplace. THEN you go out front and they have a grill if you want to bar-b-q, chairs around a great sunset fire, or just a great place to sit and read a book! Our hostess was wonderful. My husband and I will never go anywhere else. This is a keeper folks! It's quiet, relaxing and romantic. No loud noises that keep you up at night. Like I said, "What idiot wouldn't stay here!"
Olivia A.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the larger rooms upstairs but we saw room #2 which is one on the smaller rooms a...
2 Thank Olivia A
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We recently stayed at Little Harbor Inn and even though spring is slow in coming we had a wonderful time. Mostly in part to our how great our room was to relax and come back to after a day of wondering around Door County. We stayed in room 5 and it was so perfect. The whirlpool bath tub in front of the fire place was such a fun treat- The bed was welcoming and very comfortable for the 3 nights we stayed. The view from the balcony and the windows in the room of Lake Michigan were breath taking. That view would be beautiful no matter which season you are staying. The Inn was clean and well kept and the grounds outside were in great shape even though it is early spring, we spent some time out on the chairs soaking in the sun and watching the lake melt. I would recommend this B&B for all of the above reasons and the location. It is close enough to town to be convenient, yet in a beautiful location that makes you feel like you are miles away. Thank you Little Harbor Inn for a wonderful early spring get away!!

2 Thank ELH127
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I recently sold our second Door County home but wanted to go back up to DC to visit friends. My wife picked Little Harbor Inn, I went "oh well, whatever", I'm not a fan of B&B's, but . . . . this one was different! First, it was near our old home, a location I always liked. Just south of Egg Harbor on picturesque B-G, but still close to Sturgeon Bay. Sturgeon Bay has more and less crowded eating and other shopping choices not available in the northern villages.
Jane the innkeeper, was tops, very interested that we had everything, and if you need anything else, just ring. The facility is newer and excellently maintained. Little attentions to details were evident; wine glasses and cork popper, a glass glass in bath not plastic, popcorn and chocolates in the common area. Unlike the other reviewers, there was nothing wrong with the towels or the bed. And the room and common areas were clean.
Stunning sunset views that fill the sky over the water.
There is no internet and the cell reception is lousy, but that's true pretty much all over the peninsula.
We'll go back again.

Room Tip: All the room have a lake view. We were on second level, but I think the 1st floor views of the sunse...
3 Thank Richard V
#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Little Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!