My mom and I stayed two nights in Room 5 in August 2014. Overall, the place did not meet our expectations, but this review isn’t completely negative.
- Price of the inn is signifcantly less than others in neighboring towns
- Views of the bay
- Large rooms
- Whirlpool tub and gas fireplace in room (did not use either in August!)
- Marshmallows available in the evening for roasting on a firepit close to the shore
- Located away from the hustle and bustle of concentrated tourist towns
- Comfortable bed
- NO WIFI!!! This, coupled with no cell reception, rendered us unable to communicate with family at home nor unable to get internet access even with our smartphones while at the inn.
- Outdated, tired decor (antiques mixed with furniture from the 80s, shiny brass lamps mixed with brushed silver antique lamps… it just didn’t work)
- Carpet in the bedroom is way overdue replacement
- Balcony is nice but shared with four rooms
- For being a “bed and breakfast”, the breakfast was disappointing: day one featured a slice of lemon poppyseed bread, one small dish of mixed fruit in a sweet cream sauce – do not mistake this for a yogurt parfait! – and one small glass of juice. Day two: almond bread pastry and sliced bananas with cinnamon. No protein. Nothing hot.
- Breakfast is delivered to the room at 8am. This could be considered a pro or a con, depending on whether you want to eat said fruit in a sweet cream sauce with other guests or alone in your room.
- Coffee was only available in the “gathering room” (who gathers there, I don’t know) downstairs… why not deliver in a caraf with breakfast in the morning?
- The main entrance to the inn remains unlocked ALL NIGHT. The only lock on the individual room doors is a standard door handle with a turning lock – no deadbolt or chain.
- To access the waterfront and the firepit there, you must cross a road running between the inn and the water. It’s not a busy road, but there is traffic regardless.
- Only two pillows were on our bed, both of which were flat. No extras could be found in the room.
For Door County, this “B&B” is a good value. Don’t compare it to other hotels, B&Bs around the country, etc… but for DC, this place offers a decent stay for the price you pay. This place is on the market – hopefully a buyer will come along soon who will make the improvements needed to make this a place we’d recommend to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little Harbor Inn is a relaxing waterfront hideaway worlds away from the stresses of everyday life, yet just a short peaceful drive from quaint Door County villages. Experience all the luxuries of an elegant inn with all the amenities of a private resort. Homemade breakfast delivered right to your door each morning. We use fresh locally grown produce and freshly made baked goods. Plus, enjoy sunbathing, swimming, or fishing from our private pier, or an evening bonfire at water's edge. Make your own s'mores, we'll supply the ingredients!!! ... more less