“Wonderful B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Scofield House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 October 2012

This is a great place to stay! Our room was really beautiful and comfortable. The house itself is really nice as well. We enjoyed the breakfast each day (my favorite was the chocolate scones, my wife's too). Also enjoyed the cookies, brownies, coffee and tea each afternoon. The owners are very nice and accommodating. The location is great, really close to all the attractions in Sturgeon bay. This was our first trip to Door County and we loved every second of it! Sturgeon Bay is a great home base to explore Door County The Scofield house made our stay delightful we plan to come back many times!

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were great. We stayed in the Gazebo room, it is separate from where the other r...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Scofield House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 4 September 2012

The Scofield House is beautiful, and the rooms are lovely, and very comfortable. The innkeepers, Dan and Vicki, are friendly and welcoming, and they serve a fabulous three course breakfast in the morning. Coffee and tea is always available, as well as fruit and cookies, or brownies in the afternoon. The inn is in a great location, within walking distance of the shops and restaurants in downtown Sturgeon Bay. This was our 4th stay at the Scofield House, and we are already looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Check out the website photos and room descriptions to help you decide on a room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed at the Scofield House with my wife for our 6th wedding anniversary August 24 and 25. This place is even better then the reviews say on here. From the moment we walked in the place Dan welcomed us with Brownies, cookies, Tea or coffee and we were just blown away by the house it self. If you like old homes that have detailed woodwork with antiques you will love it.

We stayed at the room at the top which was very spacious and nice. We had never been to Door County before but we felt like the location was perfect. It is with in a short walk to a few restauants like the Inn at Cedar Crossing, Bars and some shops. Then from Sturgeon Bay it is a short drive to a number of DC sites and attrations it has to offer.

In the morning Dan and Vicki had amazing breakfasts. Day 1 was a homade muffin, fresh fruit, large lean sausage links and a french toast bake that was so filling we didn't have lunch until 3. Day 2 had fruit, pastry and a delicious egg and hashbrown bake. They even catered to my wife who doesn't eat meat and made a veggie bake for her which was very nice.

In summary this was only the second B&B we had been to so we are no experts but this one blew the other one away and we can't wait to comeback. Thanks Again Dan and Vicki

Room Tip: If you choose the room at the top the only negative thing I would say is 2 of the skylights that are...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 31 July 2012

A lovely inn. Two of us stayed for only one night, but the room was superb, the host and hostess made us feel so welcome, and they were so accommodating in changing our reservation due to unexpected surgery that caused us to delay our stay. I certainly hope I can return to the Scofield.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

A great place, exceptionally comfortable. It was a great two nights and the innkeepers were really great people. They obviously put a lot of work into what they do.

Given the chance I would go again at a moments notice.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank CBCB257
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed in the blue room for 2 nights and had a great experience. The house is very well maintained and clean. Our room was the smallest but for anyone not planning on spending much time in the room it is fine. The room did have a huge whirlpool tub, which is a plus. The bed is comfortable and the sheets very soft. Breakfast was delicious and is a very generous portion. For anyone watching what they eat or has to eat a special diet you might want to plan ahead, it is mostly sugar and carbs. We also liked that they stock a mini fridge by the room with bottled water and a few other sodas. We hope to be back!

3  Thank Schnauzerluv
Reviewed 20 July 2012

When my husband and I decided to go to Door County, I literally looked at every Inn, hotel, and B&B ~ most several times. I had Door County accommodations on one screen, and Tripadvisor on the other. While I initially looked at the Inns, I had my eye on a B&B. My husband was a little less enthusiastic about this, but he came away a true believer. I have to admit that while looking up places to stay, I did read the negative reviews over the positive ones, but the same complaints keep showing up ~ poor service, average to poor food, poor quality of sheets and towels, etc. And then I found The Scofield House. It is the ONLY B&B with NO negative reviews. In fact, except for one "very good," they are all "excellent." And rightly so. The innkeepers ~ Dan and Vicki ~ could not have been nicer or more accommodating. As everyone points out, their food is fabulous. Their breakfasts start with a homemade bread (muffin, scone, and coffeecake were the three we were treated to), followed by fresh fruit, and then the main course. They also have fresh coffee and about six types of juices to choose from. Everything is served on lovely dishes with linens and glasses of the same quality. Vicki puts out home baked cookies and fresh fruit in the afternoon, along with coffee packets, tea, cider, and cocoa, which are available 24/7. They also keep a common refrigerator stocked with bottled water and locally brewed root beer and orange pop. I am not all that interested in the way the room was decorated, but ours was lovely, and the sheets and towels top notch. (I loved the added touch of a dish of chocolates in the room.) We loved the double whirlpool (another reason we choose this), and were pleasantly surprised that someone comes in every day to make the bed, change the towels, and clean up a bit. There was an abundance of towels in the room, and I feel certain we would have had no problems had we needed more. We also enjoyed sitting on the large swing in the front of their property, as well as listening to the soothing music that is played throughout the day in the common areas. I really would have liked to have stayed more centrally located, as well as one the water, but I did notice that some places that advertised "waterfront" were not on beaches that I would want to stick my toes into. All in all Scofield House was absolutely wonderful, and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

3  Thank Carole0113
#7 of 15 in Sturgeon Bay
Diplomat Bed & Breakfast
Diplomat Bed & Breakfast
#4 of 15 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Scofield House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!