“Don't bother”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We dined at the Captains cove last night for the first and last time. The bartender was very friendly and attentive, but that is pretty much where it ended. The waitress was friendly, but forgot our drinks while we were waiting for our food, and we had to remind her we ordered drinks. It took over 45 minutes from ordering to finally getting our food, and it wasn't even busy. My meal was nothing as described in the menu, I ordered the tilapia, stuffed with crab and drizzeled lobster sauce. It had a slab of some kind of sauce on it that totally overcame the taste of the fish. My husband had panko breaded blue gill that had been way over cooked. Too bad, because this place could be a nice restaurant. Can't imagine going back here

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Back in 2012 I reviewed Captain's Cove and gave it five stars. It used to be fast, delicious and overall great food. Since then, they have been lacking in their salad bar and Friday night fish fry. The salad bar used to have many more options and now its pretty basic. The beer battered fish used to be big pieces of perfectly cooked, flaky fish. Now, its small, thin, cold pieces of rubbery fish that have been sitting under the heat lamp for too long. The service we've had the past few times has been dismal and it ends up taking 45 minutes to get your food.
On New Years we got an appetizer of artichoke dip with chips and the chips were stale and the dip was cold.
I don't know what changed, but its definitely not like it used to be, which is HIGHLY disappointing, since I love a good Friday Fish Fry...

2  Thank ZombiePanda
Reviewed 10 March 2014

tis is are favorite restaurant for fish fries. Get there early as it fills up fast and you will have to wait if you don't make reservations. It is a bar & restaurant so it can get loud. I love the atmosphere with shark & fish tanks. Service is often slow and salad bar is awkward to get at but food is worth the wait and usually the servers are friendly and caring so I don mind waiting. .

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Could have been great but wasn't. A truck stop bar peddling seafood that isn't as fresh or unique as it sounds on the menu. But it could be .....

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We went to Captain's Cove for a Valentine's Day lunch and had the broiled cod with salad bar and baked potato and everything was just delicious! Our waiter was very nice and accommodating. Highly recommend this restaurant and will be going back real soon! Also has a nurse shark and another big fish in a huge aquarium which is a nice touch.