“Think again before booking”

Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sturtevant
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Think again before booking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

I travel quite a bit and try to find the good in most things. However, it was hard to find good in this hotel. I was charged more at checkin than quoted on phone and had booked more than one room. The air conditioning does not work properly. The carpets are dirty, the bathroom floor slimey. Parking lot small.
I would not consider this hotel for future visits.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2009

The hotel Staff is awesome, they are really helpful and nice. I have Stayed at this hotel twice and both the times i have had no issues what so ever. The hotel is somewhat old but the housekeeping staff sure does a nice job. The room sizes are good the bathroom is clean and has a plenty of hott water running all the time. all in all for the price they offer its an awesome place to stay. i would definitely stay there again when i visit racine late in oct this year.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Sheldon IL.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2009

The room was nice size. Very clean! Shower had plenty of hot water. The pool was clean and we had a lot of fun. We'll definitly book here agian for next years event.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2008

I got a free night from my travel club for this hotel. The actual room was okay. We got the 3 bed family suite which is why I booked this hotel. The beds were decent but not overly comfortable.

The pool was horrible. It was very small and the water smelled like dirty feet. After getting out of the pool, our bathing suits smelled like dirty feet as well even after they had dried.

The breakfast was your basic breakfast. The hotel did offer a computer and printer for free which helped for navigating the rest of our vacation I.e. mapquesting our future stops.

Best part of the area is a restaurant down the street called the Iron Skillet. They had an awesome buffet and the waitress was very nice.

Not much to do in the area either. We only used this hotel as a passing thru night, but I wouldn't even recommend it for that. I'm sure you can find something in the area that is better.

• Liked — it was free
  • Disliked — the pool was horrible
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
belleville, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2008

We stayed at this hotel while in town for Spirit of Racine Triathlon. Our room and bathroom smelled musty the whole time we were there (3 days). Pool looked quite small and dirty so we didn't swim. Breakfast was ok, but there were not enough choices of food. They did have a nice staff though.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Musty room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2008

I was extremely dissatisfied with my stay at this hotel. The side entrance door was un-secured; you did not need a room key to enter or exit. It was open for anyone that wanted to walk in. As a result, at 4 a.m. an intruder was shaking my door and trying to enter my room. He then ran down the halway and out the unlocked side entrance door. I reported the incident to the desk clerk and was told the door had been broken the day before and was not yet fixed! They made no effort to install any type of temporary lock to secure this door. I will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. Safety of hotel customers should not be ignored! I contacted Ramada headquarters concerning this incident. They contacted the Sturtevant manager and it took over a month and pressure from Ramada headquarters before he would respond.

• Liked — Nothing to like.
  • Disliked — Lack of security for guests.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
Menomonee Falls
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2007

Everything seemed fine at the room until night. The pool was dirty, the hot water barely worked and the fridge was broken. On the first moring of staying I woke up with 2 large itchy bumps on my back. i had went to an outdoor festival that day, assuming they were mosquito bites I didn't worry until I woke up the next day. There were five more bites. Now it's 3 days later and I have 15 bites on my body. Do not stay here.

Stayed June 2007
3 Thank rayberg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturtevant
Comfort Inn Racine
Comfort Inn Racine
#2 of 8 in Racine
Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333)
Quality Inn hotel in Sturtevant
Americas Best Value Inn / Racine
Racine Architect Hotel & Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha

Been to Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant? Share your experiences!