“Comfortable Rooms”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sun Prairie
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Comfortable Rooms”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Quality Inn Sun Prairie Wisconsin was reasonable for price paid. Rooms were comfortable and clean, generally cleaned daily but during our 10 day stay received poor service from Housekeeping once beds werent even made up properly. Generally staff were friendly and helpfull.The swimming pool and hot tub were great for relaxing after a busy day.Only thing was no bar or restuarant facilities on site or near by had to drive

Room Tip: Ask for room facing front (actually side of business park) as most users use rear car park
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manistique
Reviewed 26 September 2012

When we first drove up to the hotel, we weren't sure if it was open- we couldn't see any other cars and it looked closed. But it was open and I guess there was a car on the other side. The room was fine and the breakfast was okay. I was disappointed that they didnt' have a business center or computer that I could use. (We don't bring our laptop on trips). Also, I made my reservation through the Choice Hotels 800 number - the operator told me that the safe charge was optional at which time I told her that we wouldn't be needing it. But the next morning when we checked out, the charge was on the bill. I mentioned it to the clerk, she said that if I would've mentioned it when checking in, they would've removed it (I thought that telling the operator when making my reservation would cover it) but at check out time, only the manager can remove the charge. (It's only $1 but it's the idea of it) She did tell me that she'd have the manager credit the charge so I will see when I get my credit card bill.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I often travel for business, which means I'm used to dealing hotels and understand what to expect. I also find most business owners and managers are mature, reasonable, adults who are capable of fair reasoning. Not Here!

On a Wednesday night I made an online reservation around 8pm and planned to arrive five hours later. Around 9pm (an hour later) I learned I could reschedule my trip, so I pulled over to cancel my $165 room.

Instead, the owner insisted I will be charged full price, because it is against company policy to cancel after 6pm; and besides they were full that night so could have resold the room if I had cancelled before 6pm.

My question was: if they need that room why don't just they just go ahead and cancel my reservation and resell it to someone else? Oh no... they can't cancel reservations after 6pm because it's against company policy and besides they were full that night so they could have resold the room if I had cancelled before 6pm. What about a credit for returning a different night? Repeat! What about a discount toward a future room? Repeat! What about... Repeat! Repeat! Repeat!

Gosh!,,,, Wow!,,,, Gee!.,,, It sure must wonderful to be the only business "owner" in existence who can skate through life by hiding behind "company policy" as a way to avoid having a rational thought.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Good value for the price. Clean, comfortable room. Friendly, helpful staff.

(They have an "auto charge for the safe, which they will remove, if you ask)

We did not use the breakfast or pool area, so we can not comment on that.

We will certainly consider stopping there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Berlin, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed one night on business in their newly-painted room. Staff was very helpful and courteous, room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We booked this place after being disappointed by a hotel in Watertown. Rooms are large, the walls seem to have been recently painted, and the bathroom is immaculate. They are pet friendly, which is a requirement for us, but the rooms show no evidence of previous visitors. Staff was efficient and friendly, but to be honest, there were very few guests at this time of year. The washable duvet used instead of a blanket is a huge plus. We decided to stay here 2 nights instead of one because it was so nice. Didn't use the pool, so can't comment on the poor review from another user.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jrpFlorence
Masison WI
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel, pool and hot tub were very dirty. Hot tub was so dirty the levels were so stong it made everyone's eyes burn. The front desk knowing this, did NOT close the tub or check into. Everyone's bathing suit got ruined due to the stong chemicals. This was very UN Safe! The kids could not enjoy the pool because it was so cold! Very poor management. We will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Best Western East Towne Suites
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison
Staybridge Suites Madison East
Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Sun Prairie? Share your experiences!