“Excellent Value”

Quality Inn & Suites Sun Prairie
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sun Prairie
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed at the Sun Prairie Quality Inn during the Christmas Holiday 2012. The room was clean, the continental breakfast more than adequate, the staff was wonderful, and it was very quiet. The once downside is that there are no restaurants within walking distance. However, go 2 miles to the east and there are places to eat and some stores. Also, there is a convenience store 1 block to the east. I will not hesitate to stay here again when visiting family in Sun Prairie.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 November 2012

with the friendly front staff, owners and housekeepers. new carpet, recently new mattress, and soon to be open breakfast area, this is one of the best hotels i have stayed at in the past 5 years. Pet and people friendly. I have stayed here at least once per week in the past 5 years.

if you are coming to the madison area..stay the night OR week here.

Room Tip: if available, try a handi-capped room. the bathrooms are enormous and the rooms are more spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Quality Inn Sun Prairie Wisconsin was reasonable for price paid. Rooms were comfortable and clean, generally cleaned daily but during our 10 day stay received poor service from Housekeeping once beds werent even made up properly. Generally staff were friendly and helpfull.The swimming pool and hot tub were great for relaxing after a busy day.Only thing was no bar or restuarant facilities on site or near by had to drive

Room Tip: Ask for room facing front (actually side of business park) as most users use rear car park
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2012

When we first drove up to the hotel, we weren't sure if it was open- we couldn't see any other cars and it looked closed. But it was open and I guess there was a car on the other side. The room was fine and the breakfast was okay. I was disappointed that they didnt' have a business center or computer that I could use. (We don't bring our laptop on trips). Also, I made my reservation through the Choice Hotels 800 number - the operator told me that the safe charge was optional at which time I told her that we wouldn't be needing it. But the next morning when we checked out, the charge was on the bill. I mentioned it to the clerk, she said that if I would've mentioned it when checking in, they would've removed it (I thought that telling the operator when making my reservation would cover it) but at check out time, only the manager can remove the charge. (It's only $1 but it's the idea of it) She did tell me that she'd have the manager credit the charge so I will see when I get my credit card bill.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I often travel for business, which means I'm used to dealing hotels and understand what to expect. I also find most business owners and managers are mature, reasonable, adults who are capable of fair reasoning. Not Here!

On a Wednesday night I made an online reservation around 8pm and planned to arrive five hours later. Around 9pm (an hour later) I learned I could reschedule my trip, so I pulled over to cancel my $165 room.

Instead, the owner insisted I will be charged full price, because it is against company policy to cancel after 6pm; and besides they were full that night so could have resold the room if I had cancelled before 6pm.

My question was: if they need that room why don't just they just go ahead and cancel my reservation and resell it to someone else? Oh no... they can't cancel reservations after 6pm because it's against company policy and besides they were full that night so they could have resold the room if I had cancelled before 6pm. What about a credit for returning a different night? Repeat! What about a discount toward a future room? Repeat! What about... Repeat! Repeat! Repeat!

Gosh!,,,, Wow!,,,, Gee!.,,, It sure must wonderful to be the only business "owner" in existence who can skate through life by hiding behind "company policy" as a way to avoid having a rational thought.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Good value for the price. Clean, comfortable room. Friendly, helpful staff.

(They have an "auto charge for the safe, which they will remove, if you ask)

We did not use the breakfast or pool area, so we can not comment on that.

We will certainly consider stopping there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed one night on business in their newly-painted room. Staff was very helpful and courteous, room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Cambria hotel & suites
#17 of 63 in Madison
Comfort Inn & Suites Madison Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Madison North

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Sun Prairie? Share your experiences!