“Great BBQ”
Review of Porktropolis - CLOSED

Porktropolis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The food is great,nice selection of sandwiches. It is better to take out, there are 3 or 4 kitchen tables for seating. But the food is very good

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is a modest little joint in Sun Prairie just off of 151. I had the pulled pork sandwich with Carolina Vinegar sauce, which was really good. They allow to you try all of their sauces ahead of time, all of which are really good which makes the decision very difficult. I am sucker for a good vinegar sauce though. I also tried the spicy mac 'n cheese, which pretty good, but you lose the cheese flavor because the spice is a little over powering. All in all, I would go back and sample some of their other offering, such as the brisket sandwich, which looked really good.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We ordered our dinner to go on a Friday night. This place came highly recommended by a local. Unfortunately, we were slightly let down by what we received. The ribs were extremely dry and chewy. They did not fall off the bone like good ribs should and they were cold. The corn was also dry; seems like it was sitting around for awhile. The fried potatoes were soggy. And the cornbread was a little too dry for my taste. (I know some people prefer it that way but it's just messy to deal with all those crumbs.) However, my companion did enjoy his beef brisket and the barbeque sauces were quite tasty. I don't think a place should rely so heavily on their sauces to save their meals. Don't think we'll be back to this place when there are other bbq places in Madison that's so much better.

2  Thank bflo_grl
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Went with colleagues for lunch. Tried several of the sauces until I decided to try the apple sauce. Ordered the pulled pork. Huge portion, moist and flavorful. We were treated to a piece of sliced pork with their signature rub...delicious. And, we had a slice of chocolate covered bacon. Now, I didn’t think I would like it but dark chocolate and bacon was pretty darn good. I took the pork sauerkraut sandwich home for my groom and it was unbelievably good, even warmed up. Would make this a recommendation. And, the owner Todd was very friendly.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is the best barbeque in Wisconsin. If you like alot of sauce on your sandwich, just make sure to ask for an extra sauce. I've loved all of the different sauces I've tried and the owner is super friendly! With the size of the sandwiches, you definitely get your money's worth...this is worth the stop if you're in the Madison area.