“Wonderful spot to enjoy the evening.”
Review of Barkers Island Inn

Barkers Island Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Superior
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My friend and I were in the area to visit Duluth. She found this hotel on the internet. Boy were we lucky. The hotel staff was great - very helpful. We checked in early, ate dinner and breakfast in the restaurant at the location. The food was excellent! The room was just find, bathrooms, clean. It was just what we needed to rest our weary feet! We will return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Barkers Island Inn

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We checked into Barkers Island on a very quiet Saturday afternoon intending to stay for just one evening. We knew the hotel was older and hadn't been updated in many years but did not expect the conditions and service we received. The entire hotel smelled of stale smoke, probably because it had not been updated or power cleaned since the no smoking ban went into effect. When we got to our room and went into the bathroom, I almost threw up. The toilet had caked on urine stains on the toilet seat. We went to the desk expecting them to say either 1) We are so sorry and will send someone to clean it. or 2) How may we fix this for you? or 3) Could we discount your room price?

When we asked for a refund and we were not staying all they said was "ok". So this must happen frequently enough that they don't even care if they lose customers. Because of the way the staff handled our complaint of a dirty room, we will never stay there again. I guess we expected better customer service and maybe concern that their rooms were dirty.

Apparently they don't need my business!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you don't mine dirty and smell of stale cigarettes!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luckygirl1130
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stranded in a March blizzard in Superior i stumbled/skidded into this Motel. The bar and food were very good. The room was a little dated and the red sauce crusted on the lamp base was annoying but overall it was a great stay.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are not really poolside and are separated by a hallway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The staff was on the whole very nice and helpful. Food was good and the waitresses and waiters were very nice. The property is very dated but clean. Maintenance was very responsive when I got stuck in the elevator at 5 am. I loved the location and the area is very scenic. I would definitely stay there again and probably will in June. I just wish they would spend some money updating the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband and I tried to get a room in Duluth, MN but all hotels were booked and we were pleasantly surprised by this Inn. We had previously had terrible luck with another hotel in Superior so we weren't expecting much. I am a bathroom fanatic and it's the first thing I check wherever we stay. The bathroom in our room was immaculate and the soft towels were a bonus! The rooms were spacious and very quiet for being such a bustling place! We enjoyed the Friday night fish fry in their dining area and breakfast the next morning. The hallways could definitely use some lighter paint to brighten it up a little and maybe some art work to update but all in all a great place to stay at a very reasonable rate. We will stay again!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank farm_gyrl71
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed at Barker's Island Inn in late February for three nights. Unfortunately, I was eaten alive by bedbugs. I stayed in a ground-floor room off of the pool. Luckily, my roommate wasn't affected but I suffered from the characteristic bites all over my back and shoulders and arm. If you stay at this hotel, please do a very thorough check for bedbugs.

Room Tip: Please do check your bed for bedbugs here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jason W
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This place is okay. It is off the beaten path, a little ways away from anything. Rooms are nice with a fridge and microwave in most. Internet is decent. Beds are very hard, no pillow top mattresses here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Superior
Holiday Inn Express Superior
Super 8 Superior WI
#1 of 9 in Superior
Hampton Inn Superior Duluth
Comfort Suites Canal Park

Been to Barkers Island Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Barkers Island Inn

Address: 300 Marina Dr., Superior, WI 54880-3287 (Formerly Country Hospitality Inn)
Region: United States > Wisconsin > Superior
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Superior
Price Range: £77 - £124 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Barkers Island Inn 2.5*
Barkers Island Inn is located on an actual island and features a hotel, restaurant, and conference center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Barkers Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Barkers Island Hotel Superior