All reviews downtown duluth place to stay era lobby furnishings rates
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I called for a reservation and the person who answered was RUDE! I was spelling my name/email addy using..B as in boy etc. He told me to STOP TALKING LIKE THAT and just spell it. I did, he got it wrong AGAIN. I tried to correct him he yelled at me saying THAT"S WHAT I SAID. Which he had wrong again. If THIS is the first thing you get before you even stay there, there is NO WAY I would walk into your door. Customer Service classes are needed in this establishment!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Debi F
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice before when in Superior for the night to go out with friends, while it is older and no frills, it is clean, located in the center of the downtown bars/nightlife and with rates at $55 you can't beat it! It is a older property, but I think that is part of the unique charm. . It is certainly a no frills hotel, but rooms are clean and offer radio alarm clock, tv, 2 queen beds and all no smoking rooms. There is also a bar on site and 24 hour cafe style restaurant that has good basic homestyle, breakfast, lunch and dinner all for a cheap price.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are probably the same, as this hotel is more of a historic unchanged landmark hotel, then one with different room options.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank northshoregirl1
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Located on a busy street In Superior....MANY bars within walking distance and mom and pop breakfast restaurant downstairs. Hotel is OLD but clean.... when can you get a room for $40 these days including tax? If you do not plan on doing anything but sleeping in your room anyways....this is perfect. Clean and quiet. Barsoap in room but no shampoo.... You can tell hotel is old....but staff was so friendly and helpful. I will use this hotel again when in the area. $100 less than some other hotels in Superior and it was quiet.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank rgillMinnesota
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This is an old historiec hotel. Still has mail drops between the floors, a bar, and cafeteria. It is OLD. Everything about it is old and could use renovation. Rooms are either small or big, usually no ac, and sometimes the steam radiators do not work that well. But, you are right downtown and can walk alot of places if you like bars and joints. There are strips joints all around. It is not a kid friendly hotel unless you are going out of the area. Not always the cleanest, but enjoy the atmosphere a lot.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank TravelerWithDog
Reviewed 14 June 2011

It's true: You either love it, or you hate it. I love it! It's clean, it has all you need: a bed, a bathroom, a secure room. It even has cable. If you are looking for simple, basic, clean accomodations, the Androy is it. $39.00 single occupancy. Honestly, I stayed at a $160 a night property the week before and was scared to take my shoes off...The Androy was cleaner! Seriously! Sure, outdated decor, no pillowtop mattress, no shampoos, but CLEAN. AFFORDABLE. SAFE. Staff is friendly, courteous, helpful. Great place for the budget conscience. Free WiFi in the lobby, free parking in the lot out back. As for me, the money I saved staying at the Androy, I spent at the Mall! ;)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo