“SUPERIOR INN” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Superior Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Superior
Superior Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Superior
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“SUPERIOR INN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Superior Inn is by far the best hotel anywhere in duluth and superior excellent location easy to find easy access to Freeway and Canal Park has everything you need spacious rooms pool whirlpool breakfast very cheap rates. I pick this hotel only when I come up to duluth been coming to this hotel for at least 4 years now close to everything very low prices many times under 35 a night sunday thru thursdays sometimes 85 friday and saturday where anywhere else in duluth you will pay at least 100 per night. Across the street a spur station that has a kitchen that serves 24 hours a day the best jojo and popcorn chicken I ever tasted at very very low prices. What more can you ask for for Superior Inn I would Recommend this hotel to anyone who does not want to spend a lot for a hotel but still wants to have good time Superior Inn is the place to be.

Room Tip: lower level always the best cos this hotel has no elevator if you have alot of luggage it can be a p...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank MIKE S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Menomonee Falls, Wi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

The staff at the Superior Inn was very helpful and friendly. They were responsive to all of our requests and offered more than enough support during an emergency situation with a family member. We stayed with our parents in their 70's/80's as well as our daughters ages 8 and 11. The hotel was easy for our aging parents to negotiate and our girls enjoyed the pool. The rooms were clean and comfortable. No musty smells or mold. The hotel does not appear updated recently, but it was a great value and comfortable with a great staff. We would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Brandy H
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

I REALLY ENJOYED MY TIME AND STAY AT THE SUPERIOR INN HOTEL!!! My name is Michelle and I have a 7 month old, two year, and a six year and my family had a wonderful experience.... In My opinion I felt the girl at the front desk that wear glasses in the morning is a wonderful,outgoing, uplifting girl. Always smiling and greeting to everyone that works threw those door's... if me or my family needed anything she was right on top of things. The cleaning ladies also did a wonderful job to making sure we had everything we need. And mantiance crew was also great And if something broke he made it his number one prority to get it fix ASAP.... all I can say on my family behalf is THANKS FOR THE GREAT. SERVICE... AND BECAUSE OF THE YOUNG GIRL WITH GLASS DID SUCH AN AMAZING JOB WE CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN NEXT TIME..THIS WILL BE THE ONLY HOTEL WE WILL USE OR STAY AT HERE IN SUPERIOR. HAVE A GREAT. TIME HOPEFULLY AS MUCH AS WE DID!!!!

Room Tip: Really just let them know what ur looking for or need and they do everything to accommodate ur needs...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that our staff did such a good job for you. Please stay with us again on your next trip to Duluth/Superior.
Superior
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Some of the front desk staff has a hard time respecting their customers requests.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Superior hotels

Superior, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

i have stayed in this hotel many times over the years. i have always found it to be very welcome and very inviting. the staff always welcomes you with a kind smile and is always sure that you have anything you need. anything i needed or had questions about they were very attentive to. theres is a beautiful pool and hot tub to enjoy for children as well as yourself, along with a sauna. i appreciated the kindness and the quiet of the hotel during my stay. there are also convenience stores very close by and thoroughly enjoyed dining at the restraunt which is a few short steps away. my room was very clean and a very comfortable bed. i thoroughly enjoyed my stay and am happy to say i will be returning. thank you to all the staff here, i appreciate it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Superior, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I had so many issues here it was rediculous. Do not have your childs birthday party here or even stay there for that matter, it is filthy and disgusting not to mention they show no consideration for a dissapointed customer! If I can make them lose business from even 1 customer I will have done my job!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
The customer is always right as far as I am concerned. We offered this guest an early check in time, offered to move them to another room and also discounted their rate. Unfortunately we could not offer a pool party for 10 people that lasted six hours for $ 30 as they requested.

Kay Biga
Minneapolis/St. Paul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

Based on the other reviews & pictures posted on tripadvisor I thought we had finally found a good place for a decent price in the Duluth/Superior area, however I was greatly disappointed! My son and I arrived at the inn at about 9:30 PM so it was hard to judge the outside appearance. The lobby is very small and not well lit. Once we arrived to the room I knew it was not going to be a good night for me. We were immediately hit with the stench of stale cigarette smoke and the room appearance was not what they show on their website. Dark wood panels from the 70’s covered one wall and the others were a cream color but that may be from the cigarette smoke. I then went to bathroom to get some relief from the long drive. When I turned the light on I thought I was on an aircraft carrier due to the fan being so loud.

I do have a habit of checking for bed bugs when I arrive at hotels, inns, etc. so that was the one positive thing I can say. However when checking for bed bugs, I found tons of dog hair, paper and sunflower shells between the mattress…disgusting! I checked the other bed and it was fine. The walls are very thin; I could hear conversations from the other rooms and that’s with the television on. The furniture in the room was stained and very old. The night stand, dresser and tables have wear marks on them and are well beyond their expiration date.

From the dust covered light fixtures, room appliances, old carpeting and dust along the base boards so thick it appears grey (on red carpet), you can tell this room needed some attention! Despite my better judgment we stayed the night. I was too exhausted from work and the drive.

What disappointed me the most is the lack of acknowledgement that this room was horrible by the person checking us out the next morning. I inquired if they were remodeling but the hesitant yes made me even more frustrated. If the inn is being remodeled then that should be disclosed when the reservation is made or at least take the horrible ones off the books until they are renovated. Definitely not returning!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank tdeaster
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
First of all I would like to apologize if there were problems with the room you were assigned. Our staff works very hard to have the Superior Inn in good shape for our guests. If you see this message, please call me at (800) 777-8599 so that I can discuss this with you.

We appreciate your business and do not want you to go away disappointed !

Kay Biga
Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Superior
BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel
South Pier Inn on the Canal
Park Point Marina Inn
Park Point Marina Inn
#2 of 33 in Duluth

Been to Superior Inn? Share your experiences!