“The ONLY reason we would EVER return to Superior, WI”

Richard I. Bong World War II Heritage Center
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Superior
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This museum honors World War II flying ace Richard Bong and all the men and women who fought in World War II.
Rochester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The ONLY reason we would EVER return to Superior, WI”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We are not fans of Superior, WI. We've had some unpleasant run ins with locals and we have not had very good hotel stays or customer service at shopping centers. We would however stop again to revisit this little gem and that speaks VOLUMES!

My Husband was a History major so we have stopped at countless (and I mean COUNTLESS) museums in our short 10 months of marriage alone. The Richard I. Bong World War II Heritage Center has been one of the most impressive that we have seen.

When you first arrive you are greeted by actual Veterans waiting to share their stories and thoughts with you. It is only $9.00 for adult admission and you begin with a short film that was very well chosen and informative. Upon completion of the film you are able to explore the displays at your leisure. The collection on display is quite impressive and very well laid out. There are clear labels and informative descriptions on everything They have a wide variety of delivery methods available with written information, media displays as well as interactive exhibits to enjoy and at the center of it all they have Richard I. Bong's plane beautifully refinished and on display.

If you are in the area I highly recommend that you spend some time here. Its great for people of all ages and for friends, couples, families and I'm sure it is even fun to explore solo.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Travelsrr

Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Attention!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

A must see when in the area! No excuses should be made. The volunteers here were great. The information was so though and heart-ful. Respect the past and those that gave so much to bring Freedom to you! Take time to discuss the displays with your children... they deserve to know our history. Very well down! Clean, safe place to praise those who are and served our country.

Visited April 2014
Oakdale, Minnesota
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This place is one of the best museums ever, I feel so grateful for the sacrifices of our soldiers and so grateful that the Bong family has given us this Heritage Center. Second visit but will not be our last one by any means!

Visited March 2014
Fullerton, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Interesting artifacts from WWII”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

It was a nice small museum, took about an hour and fifteen minutes. A little on the pricy side, but we enjoyed seeing some history of Richard Bong including airplanes and the stories of the area during World War II.

Visited October 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Way more entertaining than I thought”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

This originally was our second choice to go to, but was glad we went. The exhibits are really well done and the video is fantastic! Well worth the $9 admission fee!

Visited October 2013