“One night stay”

Best Western Bridgeview Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Superior
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were unable to find an affordable room in nearby Duluth on a weekend. The hotel let us check in early which helped with our plans. The pool area was large and the hot tub was HOT! The continental breakfast was typical fare, but good flavor and plenty of food. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Nice to have the sink and mirror outside of the bathroom to facilitate getting ready with 4 people in the room. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Melissa H,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and for posting your review. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you, and that you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide. I hope you will be our guest again on a future visit.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Bridgeview Hotel

Reviewed 22 October 2013

A colleague and I stayed at this location; the price was decent for a weekday/weekend stay. We were poolside, so it was an even better deal. However, that was one of the few redeeming quality's here. Upon check in, I was greeted by a friendly staff who quickly checked me in and gave me easy to follow directions to my room. After parking, we proceeded through a side entrance to our room; first we had to walk through some sort of housekeeping obstacle course located near the soda machine. There were 3 housekeeping carts loaded with re-stocking items for the rooms, tons of used/soiled towels on the floor and the door to the laundry room was wide open; no one was inside working. We arrived at our door loaded down with luggage and computers only to find that neither key would work. My colleague went to the front desk and soon came back with the friendly front desk staff; she tried both our keys as well as her master key; nothing worked. She sent the maintenance guy to our room and he proceeded to change the batteries in the door lock mechanism; he admitted they knew it needed to be done, should have been done, but was not done and yet still rented the room.
We used the pool and hot tub the first night. The safety bars on the pool and the hot tub had one loose handle....on both, the left handle. It is inexcusable to not have those fixed. While trying to relax in the hot tub I looked down only to find it full of sand. While I do not blame the hotel staff for this, as there were many "working men" staying there and I suspect it was from them, I do think it is the hotel staffs responsibility to encourage/enforce the rules that their guests shower prior to entering the pool area. The room itself was clean and roomy, the walls are a little thin and we could hear our neighbor snoring loudly.
I doubt we will be back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear DeniseF6,

I am very sorry you were disappointed in us during your recent stay and offer my apologies. We want to provide all our guests with the best service and accommodations and take it very seriously when we find we have fallen short. I have address the housekeepers and maintenance teams to attend to the things you mentioned here, and appreciate your input. We would like the opportunity to make amends, and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com, so we can attempt to make this right for you. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust on a future visit.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Screaming kids and chlorine smell was the bad part,, the rest,, the room was clean and had all the things in it, wifi worked,, breakfast was ok,, bagels were stale, there were plenty of places to eat if U were willing to drive out and find it,, loads of construction going on and detours were confusing,,, front desk clerks were nice,,,
would stay here again

Room Tip: want to get some sleep and peace and quiet,, avoid the rooms near the pool where the kids are scream...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear CloggieUsa2001,

I am truly sorry we disappointed you during your recent stay with us and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Our goal is to provide all guests with excellent service and accommodations and we take it very seriously when find that we have fallen short. Your review will help us to improve the overall experience for our current and future guests. I'm happy to see that you will be staying with us again, so that you may see that your experience was the exception rather than the rule. We value all guest feedback, so please continue to let us know how we are doing. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your convenience.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I wasn't really planning on staying here but it was raining and I was tired. The area didn't look too good (lots of bars/liquor stores in the area with young guys hanging around) but it was getting late and I didn't know where else I might get a place. This hotel has lots of buildings and I didn't want to get put into a building far from the main desk and I wasn't. I was however, put into a room that had a strong smell of mold that I couldn't trace to any one source. It didn't seem to be the bathroom, or the cooling system, or anyplace. It just smelled. But it was late, I was tired and hungry. So I went next door to the steak restaurant, came back, slept, ate breakfast and left. I did try to speak with the manager, Doug Petrin, before leaving but he wasn't available. He did call me later that weekend. He was very sorry for my problem with the odor and said the room is going to be remodeled soon and gave me a discount.

Breakfast is the usual Best Western fare but it is in a very dim room (relies on the sun, which wasn't out) and next to the pool so if kids start to splash you could get wet. If it hadn't been raining there was a nice courtyard area outside my room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear SusieLou,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and for posting your candid comments about your stay with us. I am sorry about the discomfort you experienced due to the odor in your room and hope you will accept my apologies, too. Doug is correct, we do have a major renovation planned and I hope you will stay with us again and let us know what you think of the changes we make.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

If you are traveling with kids and want to stay at a place with an indoor pool you can turn your kids loose at, this is the hotel for you! For anyone else, avoid unless you enjoy screaming kids will midnight, strong chlorine smell, and a breakfast only those under 18 would enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Art J,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your candid comments. I'm sorry if you were unhappy with any aspect of your stay an hope you will accept my apologies. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your convenience. I hope you will give us another chance to gain your trust on a future visit.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Affordable suite I loved it! Nothing fancy but still very nice. Bed was awesome, breakfast was fresh and generous, employees were helpful, Taylor at the front desk was very helpful when we needed help getting into our room. Place was very quite. Its the kind of place that deserves more business.

Room Tip: the king suite is awesome!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I recently stayed here for three nights on business. The hotel is older, but they appear to be doing some minor upgrades like painting. The rooms are the standard size, but the bathrooms are tiny. The bed was very comfortable. There is a pool/hot tub but I did not try it out. There is a plentiful continental breakfast for several hours each morning which is nice. Last but not least is the nightly happy hour by the pool. I got 2 drink tickets per night upon check in for the drinks. There were plenty of booze, beer, and snacks. Great way to end a work day! I will definite stay here again when I am back in the area.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Superior
Holiday Inn Express Superior
Comfort Suites Canal Park
Super 8 Superior WI
Super 8 Superior WI
#1 of 9 in Superior

Been to Best Western Bridgeview Hotel? Share your experiences!