“Great Value-Great Staff”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Superior
Hurley, United States
“Great Value-Great Staff”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My daughter attends UW Superior, so I have stayed there with a group rate discount quite a few times over the past 3 years. I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is awesome, as is the entire staff. They have all gone the extra mile to be helpful, including the housekeeping and breakfast staff. The front desk even found me a mechanic when I was in need! You just can't beat the value and service!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Penny K,

Thanks so much for your loyalty and lovely review. I am so glad you know you can count on us for a comfortable stay, with the best in accommodations and service. We appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team and look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Ishpeming, Michigan
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband, 4-year-old son, and I recently stayed here. My husband is originally from the Duluth/Superior area and that is where some of our family lives, so we always enjoy visiting.

Overall, I thought the hotel was family-oriented, fairly quiet, and the pool area is really nice.

Family wise, the rooms are a nice size and have been remodeled to fit modern style with nice linens, updated TV's, modern wall art, and modern drapery. Oh yes, and each bed comes with not two, but FOUR pillows. I love to sleep with lots of pillows, so I was happy to see that. The hotel is obviously older, and in some places it shows that, but I don't mean that in a negative way. You can just tell the hotel is an older style building.

Noise wise, there wasn't too much that bothered us. A few kids were running up and down the hall, but that did not last long, as their parents got on them pretty quickly. We slept well, and nothing woke us up, even though the hotel is at the bottom of a very busy bridge and street.

Of course, when you have young kids, the first thing they want to do is get in the pool, and this hotel has a great pool. It goes up to seven feet deep, which we all liked. It's a large pool in size, too, which is nice for swimming laps. The hot tub is also nice, but it is on the hotter side, so you can't sit completely in the water for too long, but it does feel nice after swimming in the big pool.

I also have to say that the breakfast was a lot more than I expected. They had make your own waffles, cereal, hot coffee, danishes and pastries, hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, juice, milk, and a few other things. We had a satisfying breakfast. I found it a little odd that breakfast is in the pool area, but they start breakfast at 7AM and don't open the pool until 8AM, so if you want a nice, quiet breakfast, go before 8AM!

The only downfalls of the hotel were these:

1. It is a multi-story hotel and it does not have an elevator. They do have luggage carts, though.
2. The lobby is an awkward layout and a little cramped with decor and furniture.
3. The lobby bathroom and the hotel room bathrooms are both very tiny and not ideal for someone who is handicapped. (Although I did not check to see if they have handicapped rooms.)

I was satisfied with our stay as a whole, though, and I would stay here again. We only paid $80 for our room with AAA discount, so I feel like we got a great value for the price. The hotel staff was also accommodating with our check-in. We were originally supposed to be in a second floor room, and after discovering there was no elevator and we had already loaded our luggage cart full, the manager and front desk secretary switched us to a first floor room without even asking them to. We really appreciated that!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room in the pool area, unless that's what you want. It can get noisy with all t...
1 Thank ageist856
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear agesit856,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice review. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and that you found us to be a good value. I hope we can welcome you back and thank you in person the next time you are here to visit family, or for any other reason.

Spooner, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My stay at Bridgewater Motor Inn was very pleasant. Excellent staff, very friendly and accommodating. If you are looking for a hotel that is not overly fancy but provides all necessary amenities this is the place...m-th they also have an evening cocktail reception making it an excellent value as well as a wonderful continental breakfast! Bed was a little on the firm side for me but comfortable enough.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Christine J,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for sharing your comments. Its guests like you that make our jobs of providing excellent service and accommodations very rewarding. We really appreciate your business and feedback and hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again.

Thief River Falls
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My Son and I stayed here Friday night, January 17th and were very pleased. Although an older operation, our room was very clean, the beds comfortable (4 pillows per bed :)), the hot tub was hot and the front desk friendly. I loved the hot tube--lots of heat and lots of powerful jets! The toilet and shower share one small room with the counter top sink on the outside--kind of liked that but an older concept. The breakfast looked o.k. but we didn't eat because the entire area was swamped by a hockey team and their families. We had adjoining rooms with my parents and this turned out to be great by allowing us to talk and move between rooms as needed. With all the snow, the parking lot was a mess with packed snow and ice--very slippery. Located next to a steak house, bar and the bridge to Duluth--all positives that will bring my family back. Oh ya, you are not paying Duluth prices but only a stone's throw away.

Dear 2017bigshooter,

Thank you very much for posting your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you were disturbed by noise from other guests and offer my sincere apologies. I'm glad you and your family were happy with other aspects of your stay and hope you will be our guest again the next time you visit the Twin Ports.

st croix falls, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2013

we had a very good Christmas with the family. Everything went smooth. We had fun at the pool with the kids. Our trips to the local events and shopping was close and convenient. Nice to get up in the morning for a hot cup of coffee and breakfast before we hit the road home.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Gene G
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Gene G,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice review. I'm very glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time here and had a good Christmas with us. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again.

Lisbon
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This place is average place to stay nothing fancy. Could use some cleaning of carpets and corners of the building. Room smelled a little musty. The breakfast was average . Room was adequate but very small bathroom.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Randy G
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Randy G,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your comments. I'm sorry for any disappointment or discomfort you encountered due to the conditions you encountered here and hope you will accept my apologies. We want all our guests to be happy they chose our hotel and appreciate your input. I hope you will give us another chance to gain your trust the next time you are in our area.

superior, United States
Reviewed 6 December 2013

good place to plan a kids party, enjoy ur stay. good place for business, quality priced. excellent breakfasts. waffles breads, beagles,good coffee,hard boiled eggs, danish, oatmeal, very well presented and taken care of.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Dennis E
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Dennis E,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your great review. I'm glad you and your family were able to relax and enjoy your time with us. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Superior
Holiday Inn Express Superior
South Pier Inn on the Canal
Pier B Resort
Pier B Resort
#8 of 33 in Duluth

Been to Best Western Bridgeview Hotel? Share your experiences!