“Relaxing stay”

Best Western Bridgeview Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Superior
“Relaxing stay”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Quiet and relaxing stay.. pool, hot tub and lobby area under construction, but other wise an enjoyable stay.. rooms large and beds very comfortable. Continental breakfast was good even though the area was under construction it was clean and tidy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear 146krisb,

Thank you very much for staying with us and posting your nice review. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide and appreciate your understanding about our efforts to make improvements here. We hope you will like the changes we make the next time you come here to relax.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The hotel was outdated and run down. The hot tub wasn't working properly, the halls were dirty and dingy. There was a hockey tournament in the area and quite a few hockey kids staying at this hotel. The boys were running through the hallways and the whole hockey team took over the pool area having a pizza party. We felt uncomfortable being in the pool area and went back to our room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear jackiel342,

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed in the accommodations and service you received and offer my sincere apologies for the discomfort, inconvenience and disturbance you experienced here. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and when for some reason we fail, we are very concerned. If you would like to discuss this further and give us an opportunity to make amends, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I hope you will consider giving us a chance to restore your confidence.

minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I felt that this place gave me a pretty good value for what I paid. It is unusual to find the amenities and upkeep they have done on this place in that price range. Usually places in this price range are outdated and look a little worse for wear. I have stayed in supposedly fancier hotels that did not provide the level of service and quality the best western did. The room was clean and modern, I would stay here again. I heard that sometimes they don't have hot water but it wasn't a problem for me when I showered at night. It is close enough to some gas stations to make quick trip for anything you need.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Leah R,

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. We really appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Superior, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

An overpriced hotel for what you get, the pool area is noisy all night long which is right outside a bunch of rooms. Breakfast is the same items everyday. 125 dollars a night should at least get you a room you can get some sleep. Rooms are about 75% updated but still have old accents from about 1980. Sheets had some stains and there was an awful looking spatter on the door. Floors outside the room were dirty and the pool looked dirty.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear James L,

Thanks for posting comments about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you encountered any sub standard or dirty conditions, and for any discomfort you experienced here and hope you will accept my apologies. We want all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us and are sorry to learn this was not the case with you. I will share your review with our housekeeping team so they can be more diligent about their duties. I appreciate your comments about breakfast and share them with our team. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I could have reviewed as Average, but felt that there needed to be something to balance all the positives. The reviews written by others must be really subjective (or all they really cared about was "happy hour"....maybe drinkers just don't notice things).

The motel is older, and in a mostly industrial part of town. Nearby businesses were mostly bars.

I did get my room request, an outside room NOT overlooking the pool on the 2nd floor. Stepping inside the door before heading upstairs, the chlorine smell was HORRENDOUS. While less noticeable upon first entering our room, after an hour I had a tremendous headache and some nausea from the smell. We opened the window and over time, it did dissipate somewhat, but we had to close the window at night because of the temp and road noise.

The room was decently furnished, though small, and the bathroom was probably the tiniest I had ever encountered in a "name" motel property. The beds were comfortable. This was clearly an older part of the motel that needed some updating. Many of the doors in our section were badly beat up and scratched. We laughed that the winter scene/Christmas decorations were still displayed on a shelf over the steps, though it was the 2nd weekend in April.

The pool area was decent, but the "happy hour" atmosphere was apparent. Though my children are teens, I still like a more "family friendly" environment. The game room equipment was "borderline" at best. My husband had to get change refunded from the front desk several times, as the machines kept "eating" quarters, not recognizing something had been put in.

Breakfast offered a decent selection, though the only protein available was cold hard-boiled eggs.

It definitely wasn't "the worst", and I realize that a room in the Duluth/Superior area for under $100 is tough to find....but I think next time I would choose another property, even if it meant skipping the pool, in order to be in a better neighborhood and a nicer property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear godprovides,

Thank you for taking the time to post your candid and detailed review about your recent stay with us. It is only with honest feedback from valued guests such as yourself, that we can make changes and improvements to ensure an enjoyable stay. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your understanding and hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Cornucopia, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 April 2014

my husband and I are in superior often on business and enjoy the bridgeview motor inn - the staff is great \as is the weekday specials. the pool area is great as is the happy hour specials! they even take our dogs - who love to travel with us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank cheryl o
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear cheryl o,

Thanks so much for posting your love-ly review and rating about us. We're very happy you like us and what we do here. It’s fun for us too, when our guests travel with their four legged furry family members, and we get to meet and make friends with them. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back on future visits.

Goodland, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel has a good breakfast as well as an evening happy hour with light snacks. They has chile one night and hot dogs the next night. All were good. The staff was friendly and especially the lady who helped with the meals both morning and evening.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Michael I,

Thanks for posting your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you like what and how we do things here and appreciate your compliments. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Superior
Holiday Inn Express Superior
South Pier Inn on the Canal
Pier B Resort
Pier B Resort
#8 of 33 in Duluth

Been to Best Western Bridgeview Hotel? Share your experiences!