“priced right”

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Duluth, Minnesota
“priced right”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Mexican atmosphere, friendly service, great food. The portions are very good, food is palatable. The staff is very friendly and always ready to refill bevarages and chips.

Visited June 2014

Minnesota
“Not the Best!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have visited here 3 times in 5 weeks and was not happy with any of the visits.
The service was not the best. I believe because of number of tables per servers customers got short changed. The meals came out on time BUT Once was over cooked and dry, once wrong order. The other had cold spots as if from a micro wave. By the time the server asked 'is everything OK? It was too late. The alcohol drinks were a hit and miss. Mine was fine, my friends was terrible! Neither of us could or would drink it it. When the check was brought we were finally asked if everything was OK. HELLO, where have you been to check and see if we wanted another beverage, dessert or ?? Liked the table & chairs, booths. All spaced nicely. The server did take the 'bad' drink off our bill and we tipped her well Because she was sincere and apologized. I just can't recommend this place.

• Visited May 2014
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“Very Good Mexican, great value”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We ate here during a 2 week trip up north. It was one of the best meals we had. We thought it was very good, and we eat Mexican a lot. It was an excellent value with generous portions. I really liked the salsa.

• Visited August 2013
Superior, Wisconsin
“First I would like to clarify this is not a review. This is a warning.”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

First I would like to clarify this is not a review. This is a warning. I want to get a few things off my chest before leaving this job because if all the morally wrong things that happen here. I currently work here, and I would like to remain anonymous. First of all the reason why I’m leaving this job soon is because all of the abuse that Juan and his wife brings to the waiters, and waitresses here. I am not exaggerating when I tell you we literally get spatulas and other cooking items thrown at us for small mistakes or just because Juan isn’t happy. And he also forces his two sons a 14 year old and a 15 year old to work there Mon-Fri from the time they get out of school until they close. And from 9am to 11pm on Saturdays and Sundays. I am forced not to say anything every time I find Leonardo or Enrique crying in the kitchen because their dad is making them cook. I need this job so I am forced to bite my tongue. The kitchen is in a filthy condition most of the day and inside the cooler there’s a lot of cross contamination happening. For example a few weeks ago I found that they had a bag of raw chicken bleeding into a box of fresh lemons. He went on to force us to use them with the threat that he will fire us if we don’t. So what I did is I went to my local Super 1 and smuggled lemons in and cut them fresh whenever one of my tables ordered them. If you are skeptical of everything I’m saying just go there. Pay attention to the window. Do you see professional chefs or do you see two depressed teenagers being forced to work. Please someone out there call someone to get this restaurant checked out, I cannot do it because I desperately need the money but me making money isn’t worth your health. If someone checks this restaurant out and it gets shut down so be it. At least I will be broke with a very healthy continence. Thank you for reading and for all my old customers that I won’t get to say bye to goodbye. It was a pleasure being your waiter/ waitress.

• Visited June 2013
11 Thank iamanonymous i
Duluth, Minnesota
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Very disappointed. Have been there before and been happy. This time ordered a dish to share. Staff was not happy that we only ordered one dish. Charged us 7.00 per drink. One quesadilla, 3 drinks per person (rail pour with lots of fruit flies) 68.00. Will never go back and tell everyone we know about our experience.

• Visited January 2013