“Eating here is part of vacation fun”

Breakwater Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 91 Restaurants in Superior
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We realized when we arrived that we had eaten breakfast here on a trip several years ago, when I believe it was named the Town Crier Restaurant. It was very good then, and perhaps even better now. This time we came for an early supper. I tried the liver and onions, offered in two portion sizes. I ordered the larger, which was so generous that I didn't need anything else that day. My wife tried the turkey dinner and was very pleased.

The restaurant fits the Lake Superior area, with nautical knickknacks and art, friendly and fast service, and reasonable prices.Food is appealingly plated. We are very glad we stopped.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We were staying next to the Super 8 & decided to try it. I got a hot turkey sandwich & my husband got the roast pork dinner. Both came with soggy carrots & the same lukewarm gravy. None of it had much flavor. I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

We stay at the Super 8 and walk past one restaurant to get to this one. Great Service and the food is always good. Never disappointed whether it's breakfast for evening meal. And lots of locals eat here!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Went out to the breakwater for all you can eat ribs. Have been there in the past and they were Great. Went on June 17, 2017 and I have to say the Ribs and the service SUCKED. I and can say I won't be going back there any time soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

No matter what, this place never changes. The same menu, the same decor, maybe even the same staff. That's not a bad thing, either. I absolutely love the pancakes here...I don't know what they do to them, but they are magical. They are also gargantuan. And when you see how cheap they are, you're going to wish you had room for more.