“Great find!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thorp
SD
“Great find!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We overnighted here on a long road trip. The hotel was very clean from the lobby/dining area to the pool to our room. We had comfortable beds and a quiet night's sleep even though we faced the highway. There is a BP gas station with a convenience store next to the hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at. The night clerk whom checked us in was super friendly and courteous. The lobby was very welcoming; I spent my morning there while my husband and daughter slept in. The breakfast selection was great; waffles, boiled eggs, yogurt, the works. The room was great, nice and spacious. The only thing I didn't enjoy was listening to the car wash outside our window, which woke me up at 6am.
I will definitely return for a local getaway. If given the choice, stay in Thorp not Stanley.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Union Grove, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stay here 2 to 3 times a year with my husband and 2 little ones. It has a good feel to it as soon as you walk in. Staff is always friendly, rooms clean, and love the fact that I can get pizza and wine or beer at night after kids are asleep from the front desk. Hotel is close to my family that live in Stanley, I will definatley keep coming back!!!!

Room Tip: So far, every room I have had has been quiet and clean.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rachdav2000
Wind Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We have family in the Thorp area and have stayed at Fair Bridge several times. Always have clean rooms, pleasant staff and acceptable pricing. This is our first choice of hotels when in the area rather than other area hotels in neighboring towns on Hwy 29.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pam L
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 June 2013

While traveling through the are we decided to spend a week-night night here. We stayed in a large handicapped assessible room on the first floor close to the lobby area. It was a very pleasant stay. The staff was friendly and helpful and it was clean and comfortable. The breakfast consisted of waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, juices, breads and rolls, yogurt, etc. so there were good choices. The coffee was good. There is a computer for public use in the lobby and free wi-fi. The pool area is clean and warm. A very good value for the room rate. Another plus is that it is eay access to hwy 29.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

On the long haul from Green Bay to St Paul when we get a late start I usually stay at Hampton Inn Wuasau. We like dinner at El Nortena in Curtiss so I needed a hotel past Curtiss and Thorp was a good spot to pull off. Very nice rooms and at $89 it's $40 to $60 less than Hampton. Clean rooms with all the appliances. Bed is no great shakes but it's not bad. Quiet and no smells work for me. I'd come back again.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Curt C
Dousman, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We booked 2 rooms on short notice for a funeral and were totally delighted with this hotel. Decided to stay here even though there was a very bad review. I do not know what place that guy stayed in but this place was very nice, very clean and the staff was very helpful and courteous. Plus the price was right. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorp
Rodeway Inn
#2 of 2 in Abbotsford
Abby Inn
Abby Inn
#1 of 1 in Abbotsford

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites Thorp? Share your experiences!