Always been a great place to pop into for a drink after walking the nearby beaches but the building was somewhat tired. Stayed over a few weeks ago as a birthday treat and very impressed with the whole package - polite staff, good food, lovely room, dog-friendly plus decent beer and as always a super location.
Now a serious good option against Hoste Arms
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing at the gateway to Holkham and the National Nature Reserve, The Victoria is a classic English inn owned by the Coke family and managed by the Holkham Estate. There are ten elegant, indivually designed and stylish bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms. We are ready to welcome more guests in spring 2015 with the addition of a further ten bedrooms just across the road from The Victoria in one of the oldest buildings on the Holkham Estate: Ancient House. The building has been converted to provide ten additional bedrooms, including four spacious family room. The sympathetic refurbishment has retained many of the building's original features, combining authentic charm with luxurious modernity. The bar and dining rooms at The Vic offer a relaxed blend of style and comfort. We serve delicious locally sourced food, much of it grown and raised on the estate, with a bold emphasis on freshness, simplicity and value. Holkham has been a leading agricultural estate since the 1800's when Thomas William Coke bought the site and the young Queen Victoria elevated him to the peerage in recognition of his contribution to farming in 1837. The name of the proposed new inn must have been inevitable when it opened its doors in 1838. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your The Victoria Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Victoria At Holkham Hotel Wells-Next-The-Sea
- Victoria At Holkham Hotel