The Holkham Victoria will always be one a very special place to us. We have been visiting it for years and never disappointed. It has gone through changes over the years but always has that very special feel to it. When we visited last year to check the latest refurb we had no hesitation in booking our wedding there! And what a wedding it was. From Start to finish Ben and his team were exceptional. The staff were attentive, knowledgeable and catered for our every need. The food throughout the day was simply superb (Venison from the Holkham Estate)
As for the rooms, they are a great mix of Coastal chic and Country Estate tweed. The Beds are incredibly comfy and the view (Front facing room) probably the best in Norfolk. . I happened to be awake early enough to see a Marsh Harrier swooping over the plains opposite!
All in all the Victoria is a 'one of a kind' hotel. It seems to tick all of boxes for us whether its a walk on the beach with the dog followed by a light bite or a formal occasion it never disappoints.
Good work Vic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing at the gateway to Holkham and the National Nature Reserve, The Victoria is a classic English inn owned by the Coke family and managed by the Holkham Estate. There are ten elegant, indivually designed and stylish bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms. We are ready to welcome more guests in spring 2015 with the addition of a further ten bedrooms just across the road from The Victoria in one of the oldest buildings on the Holkham Estate: Ancient House. The building has been converted to provide ten additional bedrooms, including four spacious family room. The sympathetic refurbishment has retained many of the building's original features, combining authentic charm with luxurious modernity. The bar and dining rooms at The Vic offer a relaxed blend of style and comfort. We serve delicious locally sourced food, much of it grown and raised on the estate, with a bold emphasis on freshness, simplicity and value. Holkham has been a leading agricultural estate since the 1800's when Thomas William Coke bought the site and the young Queen Victoria elevated him to the peerage in recognition of his contribution to farming in 1837. The name of the proposed new inn must have been inevitable when it opened its doors in 1838. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your The Victoria Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Victoria At Holkham Hotel Wells-Next-The-Sea
- Victoria At Holkham Hotel