My partner and I have stayed here several times since the refurbishment last year, each time we both have enjoyed the stay even more.
The cleanliness of the rooms is perfect, the facilities provided and the extra little touches added makes it hard to leave; the finest teas and coffee, biscuits and pieces of rock.
I particularly enjoyed the residents lounge, it's a quiet place to relax with a fire and port with fellow residents.
The hotel is quiet at night, and comfortable during each season - air conditioned rooms in the eaves and once when we stayed in the winter, it was warm and cosy.
The restaurant itself is impressive, tastefully decorated with pleasant and friendly staff, the place has an atmosphere of a friendly country pub, although very up market. The prices are reasonably priced for the area. The breakfasts are amazing, I would recommend the omelette Arnold Bennett!
Would definitely visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing at the gateway to Holkham and the National Nature Reserve, The Victoria is a classic English inn owned by the Coke family and managed by the Holkham Estate. There are ten elegant, indivually designed and stylish bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms. We are ready to welcome more guests in spring 2015 with the addition of a further ten bedrooms just across the road from The Victoria in one of the oldest buildings on the Holkham Estate: Ancient House. The building has been converted to provide ten additional bedrooms, including four spacious family room. The sympathetic refurbishment has retained many of the building's original features, combining authentic charm with luxurious modernity. The bar and dining rooms at The Vic offer a relaxed blend of style and comfort. We serve delicious locally sourced food, much of it grown and raised on the estate, with a bold emphasis on freshness, simplicity and value. Holkham has been a leading agricultural estate since the 1800's when Thomas William Coke bought the site and the young Queen Victoria elevated him to the peerage in recognition of his contribution to farming in 1837. The name of the proposed new inn must have been inevitable when it opened its doors in 1838. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your The Victoria Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Victoria At Holkham Hotel Wells-Next-The-Sea
- Victoria At Holkham Hotel