“Poor service and uncaring staff” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Sedgwick
“Poor service and uncaring staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed at this motel in September 2011. The room was small and cramped with 1 queen size bed. The toilet was plugged up. The first time it was flushed it ran over. We called the front desk and asked for another room. We were told that wasn't possible. We asked if they would at least come and take care of the toilet and were told that they did not have any maintenance people available. Finally, someone brought us a toilet plunger and my husband plunged the toilet and we managed for the night. I would avoid this motel in the future and go somewhere else. We paid about $75 for the 1 night and that was too much for the conditions and a staff that had no pride in their business and did not care about the customer. The breakfast was average and was in a small room.

Room Tip: I would go to one of the newer motels that are in the vicinity.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Beverly N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mountain Lake, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed here with my daughters on a girl's trip to Tomah to attend the Cranberry Festival in nearby Warrens WI. The Cranberry Festival is held the last full week of September and is a huge event for the area. Warrens is only about 5-10 miles away from Tomah so we thought we would stay here for the night. Since we were a little new to the whole Cranfest experience I called in late summer and was able to get a room. Our room was in the annex, which meant that we had a door to the outside and that we would need to walk outdoors to get to the continental breakfast and the main lobby. That is not so bad.....really it is not. I will tell that the room is tight, but not uncomfortable. We thought the breakfast was just fine.They provided toast, muffins, cereal, coffee, juice....it was decent.
This hotel is close to a McDonalds, WalMart, Culvers and a couple of gas stations. We had a nice time and a good stay. We appreciated Econolodge for being accomadating. The room prices are spendy, but it is Cranfest time and to find a hotel room for this weekend is difficult and if you want to go to Cranfest you take what you can get.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MomofSix94
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I used my Choice Rewards points (8000) for my stay while traveling for Thanksgiving. All went well at check in. Clean rooms, very good Breakfast and very friendly to boot. The pool was nice & warm, great time!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

The room was about $100 for 2 queen beds. They had a fair breakfast. I would say the value of this place would be around $60 per night. It looks like they cater to the military crowd at the Fort McCoy area. I would recommend going across the street or go to the newer hotels down the street. The only advantage to the area is a Wal-Mart, Aldis, and a bunch of restaurants in the area. It had a right off the interstate access.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

I forget what I paid for a single, but all I know is it was peak tourist season across the country, and was a really clean and well kept place; I think it was maybe $70 for a night. Taxes are high in WI, which changes the overall price substantially. I've paid a lot more for a lot less this summer, as I've been working my way across the country after losing my home in NC.

If all the motels I stayed in were as nice as this Econo Lodge, I'd be a pretty satisfied traveler, but I'm very VERY far from making that statement...

Great staff, super nice/clean rooms, pool indoors, and supposedly a great little breakfast thingie.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Logansport, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

The rooms were clean an the mattresses were very comfortable. The pool is open 24 hours, makes it nice so you don't have to hurry back for kids to swim or just a nice late night dip with wife. Hotel staff was very friendly an helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling thru this area. A great place an great rates.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Ultraharley
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed here last Labor Day (2010) and neglected to write a review then.

I am inspired to write after reading one of the (incomprehensibly) negative reviews that this Hotel received.

I stayed here for two very enjoyable nights. The room was very clean and odor free. Very comfortable and at a very reasonable price.

The pool and jacuzzi were both very nice. Jaccuzzi, hot enough and pool cool enough. Both clean.

Breakfast in the morning was fine. Nothing too excitng, but definately, no complaints.

The whole staff was kind and helpful.

If you need to stay in this area, for even just one night, this is a great hotel to do so in.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo