“Hotwire Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Green Valley, Arizona
“Hotwire Hotel”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Great value no surprises. We were traveling to Minnesota and wanted to get a jump so we book a room through “Hotwire” rather a chain web page (we are loyal to Hilton), because we did not want to spend a $100 plus for this night.
“Hotwire” gave this hotel/motel 3 stars and a 90% approval for $50 (plus $12.50 service and tax) which was a perfect price for the room and what I wanted to pay.
The Best Western is a bit run down, but clean and maintained to what I would expect.
We asked for a quiet room and was given one at the end of the hallway (mistake) the hallway is very long and with a suit case and cooler a very long trip.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I haven't stayed at this property in many years when it was a Holiday Inn; I didn't enjoy it back then, but now that it is a Best Western, I can easily describe it as an excellent property. I stayed here on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day, and it's not uncommon to see people who have to work these holidays in not the best moods-- this was not the case at the Best Western! The front desk employee was extremely courteous, helpful, and just plain nice. The hotel was decorated for the holiday and the first impression cleanliness was great. This continued into my room which was pleasantly warm upon arrival. The bathroom was impeccably clean and updated. The bed was nice and comfortable. Added bonus-- the clean remote and nice update LCD TV.

I think this is an excellent place to stay in Tomah-- and the value is great too. I would highly recommend it to everyone. I will be staying here again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I was driving from Milwaukee to St. Paul recently. It's a trip that should only take about 5.5hrs but unfortunately due to the weather and horrible driving conditions, I needed to pull over in Tomah.
I was so happy I was able to check in early and the room was ready. After the stress of driving in, not so safe driving conditions, getting to a warm comfortable room was very nice. I loved the AquaMer products and am trying to find them online. The hotel lobby was very quaint and decorated for the holidays. The bed was very comfortable and I love how the remotes are easier to clean. It was also a plus having Perkins connected!
What I have to rave about though is how helpful the staff was. I was leaving very early in the morning to get back on the road, and I needed help filling up my windshield fluid as I was not able to do it myself due to my disability. The porter had unfortunately called in sick, so the lady behind the front desk helped me with that! She could have made me wait and ask another guest or someone else, but instead she came right out to help (she was only away for a moment and there was no one in the lobby). I was shocked and so relieved that I didn't have to wing it or pull over somewhere else for that, as I was unfimiliar with the area.
I only stayed one night, for my unexpected "layover", but the staff went above and beyond for me...that on top of the comfortable room, I just want to say Kudos!
I would definitely stay again and would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Neeq79
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Was ok not anything special jacuzzi and sauna were nice though need to check little details like remotes working and alarms not set on alarm clocks for five am to get out of the motel if going into town not very good have to go to other side of property not by entrance do to road set up

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

3rd Chaise to the Left
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This property was formerly a Holiday Inn, built sometime in the 70s I would guess. Became a Best Western several months ago. Front desk staff is good, but could be a bit more aware -- they can't see you from the little room behind the desk and there is no bell. Checked in last night for third business stay, went to room and discovered family with 2 toddlers next door and a barking dog down the hall. They had no problem moving me to another room.
Beds, quilts very comfy. Soft towels. Bathtubs need work... this is the second time I've needed to reach in and pull the stopper up to get the water to drain as the lever didn't work.
Air in the rooms is VERY DRY. This time bought a cheap vaporizer to use and slept much better.

Room Tip: If you suffer in dry air, bring a little humidifier along.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Madison
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I really enjoyed the room and everything the hotel had to offer. However, one Friday night I witness a very intoxicated young lady who was say awful swear words and phrases around the pool area. There were kids all over the area, and when we told the management, they didn't do anything for us. it turns out the female and all of her employees were staying for an extended stay, so they wouldn't kick her out. Need to do something about problems like this!!!! Never staying here again or at a Best Western.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank megan h
ritaca, General Manager at Best Western Tomah Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than desirable and that anyone would have to listen to profanity from another guest. However, the incicent that took place on the Friday night in your review was handled exactly the way that our employees have been instructed to do in a situation like that. Though I am unable to discuss the outcome please be assured that although I was not on the property that evening, I was alerted immediately and in turn responded approperiately and to Best Western standards. Again, please accept my apology and I hope sincerely you reconsider staying with Best Western in the futrure. If I can do anything, please feel free to contact me.
BEMIDJI
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Again a work trip. Room was large had plenty of lamps to control the lighting to suit you. Nice newer flat panel tv. Room was very clean, bed comfortable king size with 5 count 'em 5 pillows! I like pillows haha. Fridge and microwave in the room. Perkins attached to the hotel and sandwiched in between is a little bar which was nice. Server there was awesome, didn't catch her name though. You can get Perkins food in the bar so another plus there. Ac works really well here. Desk staff was courteous and helpful. Hotel was quiet, very easy to sleep. Chair and ottoman in the room was a nice feature as was the large desk and comfortable desk chair. One complaint here though the wifi was not very good at all. The need to add bandwidth to accommodate the number of guests they have. No hardwired connection I could find, there was a lamp that ha a port but the wire that went out the back of it was hanging free and not connected to anything nor could I find a port on the wall to connect to.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Eddiemn22
ritaca, General Manager at Best Western Tomah Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
I am so very happy to hear that you liked our hotel! However, you were so right about the WI-FI, we were having such a problem for awhile. Good news though, we have up graded and added more bandwidth to our WI-FI and am happy to say since then we have had no complaints! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience. We do appreciate it and look forward to your return!