“Wary Traveler Seeks Shelter”

Super 8 Tomah Wisconsin
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Reviewed 16 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Mandy G, General Manager at Super 8 Tomah Wisconsin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stopped at this motel late in the evening. Had driven down from the Mall of America in Minnesota. Got a good deal on the room. Motel was clean with the exception of the bathroom. I found a long centipede in there crawling out from a crack in the tile. I dispatched of this critter pretty quickly and had no more trouble. Motel was quiet, and had the usual travelers breakfast items. I would stay at this motel again.

Room Tip: Motels in the area seem to fill up rather quickly. I would suggest getting there early
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear louisshowalter,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We are glad we were able to accommodate you so late in the day and able to satisfy all of your needs.

My apologies on the insect you found in the bathroom. I will be sure to have our staff double check the bathrooms for any needed repairs.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The hotel was close to the route we were traveling. Everything was provided that we needed for our one night stay. Staff was very friendly!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Mandy G, General Manager at Super 8 Tomah Wisconsin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Jerry J,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience here with us at the Tomah Super 8! We were happy to accommodate your needs and thrilled that you enjoyed our customer service.

We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Thank S. K

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Price was great but, not worth it if you don't sleep. The locks on the exterior didn't work , so we had to always go in the main entrance, that was on the other side of the hotel from our room. Then the room lock kept us up all night by clicking like someone was trying to get in our room. Beds Very hard. Need more pillows. The drains in the showers should be checked. By the time my wife and I took 5 minute showers we were ankle deep in water, Breakfast was from 6-9 but, everything was gone by 8 except cold cereal and juice..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kerri O,

I'm sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience with us here at the Tomah Super 8. The locks you mentioned are currently being repaired along with checking the drains in our bathrooms.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of breakfast. It is not standard procedure for our breakfast items to not be fully stocked and I will make sure to remind our staff that it falls below your expectations as well as ours.

I hope upon your return to our hotel that you will have a much more enjoyable stay!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Certainly nothing exciting there, but we did get a relatively cheap rate. The hotel is pretty run down and dated. I wasn't overly impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. It doesn't take a lot of money to clean the grout in the bathrooms so its not black and scrub dirt and grime off the walls. I've stayed at older, dated hotels in the past that were far cleaner than this one. There was dirt and cob webs and if you looked around the base of the bed you could see a bunch of lint and dust where the vacuum had missed for several cleanings. The beds were pretty bad too. The centers of the beds were very hollowed out causing you to roll into the middle of the bed. I guess that's fine if you REALLY like to cuddle with your bed partner. I wouldn't say this is a horrible hotel, but I would also say that I probably wouldn't stay there again. If I had to do it all over, I'd pay the extra $20 and stay somewhere else.

Dear Jeff E,

We are very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations at your stay here with us at the Tomah Super 8. I will be sure to address the cleanliness issues with our staff so that we can better serve our guests.

I would also like to apologize for the lack of comfort on the bed. I will be sure to look into replacing the ones that are not satisfactory. We want all of our guests to have a refreshing stay.

I sincerely hope we get a chance to serve you again soon.