“Very Nice”

Burnstad European Cafe
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Tomah
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Angier, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

After a looooong road trip this restaurant was a very welcoming respite. We ate in the pub and the staff was so nice and friendly. I really enjoyed myself!

Visited July 2014

Denton, Texas
“Great dinner and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We ate here while on a road trip because we love German food. About the only German entree on the menu was the Jaeger Schnitzel. The schnitzel was crisp and nicely breaded. The spaetzle was homemade and very good. My only disappointment was the small amount of mushroom gravy. My husband was disappointed there was no beer on draft. I would recommend.

• Visited July 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Decent dining in a sea of crummy fast food joints”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've just spent a weekend in Chicago, where I had the most glorious Italian food I've eaten in ages. (See my review on another page ...) So, by comparison, Burnstad's is nothing to write home about. My mustard-glazed salmon was cooked nicely, the undressed steamed broccoli and carrots were also cooked nicely, and the very white rice was ... very white. It was a healthy meal, nothing to complain about, but leagues away from big-city cuisine.

Having said that, the only other choices in Tomah are trough-style buffets, really awful Asian food (I'm afraid of what ingredients they're really using) and your basic burger 'n fries drive-throughs. So, if you find yourself staying in Tomah longer than for the obligatory interstate rest break, you'll appreciate Burnstad's quality fare. But if a true dining experience is what you seek, keep heading south on the interstate until you've hit the Windy City.

• Visited June 2014
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“YUMMY AND AFFORDABLE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Two times we've visited Burnstad's. Both times we were pleasantly satisfied. The second time, m my husband had a beef and gravy sandwich that was REAL homemade food = not from a can. The desserts are excellent and homemade. Best of all, the prices are VERY reasonable, even for those with limited income such as ourselves. In fact, the dinner menu wasn't much more expensive than the lunch menu which was very surprising.

If one needs to go to the wonderful TOMAH VA for appointments, Burnstad's is a WONDERFUL reprieve for lunch/dinner.

NOTE: Over all, the service is GREAT. However, on this last visit the server was a bit "off," personality-wise.

ANOTHER NOTE: Seeing the ?s below, our choices were under $10. However, one could spend between $10-20???, if they so-choose. Also, I didn't know the "check mark" selection questions being we're from out of town.

• Visited June 2014
Springville, Utah
“Fantastic European Flavor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stop every time we travel through Tomah. It is a relaxing, enjoyable place to eat. We also enjoy visiting the grocery store and the gift shop - a pleasant specialty shop of Wisconsin & Amish products.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Burnstad European Cafe? Share your experiences!