“A good meal”

Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Tomah
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Ground Round Grill & Bar, with its two-room concept, provides an atmosphere and menu that is inviting to families and fun for adults too. We offer a substantial broad-based menu with a high quality/good value relationship for our guests. In addition we are one of the few family oriented restaurants where adults can enjoy full liquor service with their meals. Our lounge is a casual alternative where adults can relax, meet friends, watch the game, and enjoy the same full service menu.
Manistique
“A good meal”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The clerk at our hotel recommended the Ground Round for dinner and we were pleased with it. The hot spinach dip was excellent. My husband's black 'n bleu burger was very good and so was my tuscan seafood dish. I was disappointed when finding out that the red velvet dessert was only seasonal and not available. I ordered the chocolate spoon cake to go and it was just okay. All in all, it was a good meal.

Aiea, Hawaii
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Lots of variety, good food and our server, Rachel was very attentive and friendly. The Ground Round gives you the positives of a franchise or chain…you know what to expect, which is a plus when you're traveling and need something predictable.

• Visited May 2014
“I Disagree, Not that Good”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I hate to disagree with most folks but this is not as good as it says in most reviews. On two recent stays I had ICE cold coffee and my fajitas
On the second visit were horrible since the skillet hadn't been seasoned meaning heated and cooked a few times. So they tasted like hot metal and manufacturing oil. Nice staff well decorated like and Applebee's but just not at that level. Locals flock here and maybe they have found items that come out well but we have just had too bad of luck to try again. So sad, ICE cold coffee.

Sumter, South Carolina
“One of the better places in the area”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

At here twice during this trip. The first time I ordered the steak and chicken fajitas which were absolutely delicious but you have to get extra sour cream! The sour cream is seasoned and amazing. The downside to ordering the fajitas is that the waitress asked us if we wanted guacamole with our food and, of course, we said yes. Little did we know but there's an additional charge for the guacamole. The extra charge was only 75 cents but it's the principle of the matter, let your diners know if something costs extra. The next time I went I ordered the Blue Cheese burger which would have been really good if they actually put a beef patty on there. I mean, the burger was about as thick as one you'd see on a Big Mac at McDonalds.

Dallas, Texas
“Enjoyed the food!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our group of five guys got off to a rough start here. The host gave us a choice of the bar lounge or the restaurant seating, and we chose to sit in the bar area. After several minutes of being ignored, we decided to try the restaurant area. Hannah did a great job of taking care of us there, keeping our drinks filled and giving us (almost) Southern hospitality.

Our appetizer, potato skins, was average, at best. The food was better than expected. A couple of folks had the burgers, which were good. Another guy tried the ribeye, and he said it was great. I had the sirloin tips in whiskey peppercorn sauce with baked potato and broccoli. All of it was excellent. We were too full to try dessert. I will probably try it again when I'm in the area.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Ground Round? Share your experiences!