“Very Relaxing Quite Setting with nice size rooms...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Mobile797...
“Haven - Critter Haven”
Reviewed 19 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

My family stayed at the Haven this past weekend. We sent the following complaints (With more details) to the owners and were met with excuse after excuse...

1. Let's start with WiFi - didn't work. My mother in fact called once because she just needed to connect to clear an error so that she could read her book. She was told to stand on the front porch. - They claimed its a long time issue - well then do advertise you have it - we had planned a few activities around having access.

2. The stove was filthy - so much caked on gunk that is smells like the place is burning down without any food in it (preheating)..

3. The couch in the living room upstairs: we had to get a blanket from downstairs to cover it because it smelled like someone had pooped in their pants and left it sit.

4. The mold around the vents in the bathroom downstairs and stains on the walls shows that the place is rarely thoroughly cleaned - not to mention the dust bunnies everywhere.

5. Sheets on the king bed were crusty.

6. There was a pile of seeds sitting under the pillow in one queen room.

7. Sofa sleepers (everyone of them) was covered with mouse poop when we took the cushions off.

8. The worst by far was the mouse infestation. My parents arrived on Thursday night and saw a mouse in the kitchen that night - Friday morning they went and bought mouse traps; there was a constant critter scurrying in the wall after dark. There was also tufts of mouse fur on the dresser in the game room. And then there was poop on multiple surfaces in the kitchen every morning. While we understand that mice come inside in fall - this has obviously been a problem for quite sometime given the amount of evidence left behind.

9. Wasn't a big issue but the whirlpool jets work - there are two that function but don't really push much out - the rest either don't work or barely bubble - plus the fan looks like it is ready to collapse.

At approx. $250.00 per night - we could have rented a suite in the Dells for this price and they are more thoroughly cleaned. The owner in response stated this was a complaint about the price - not so it was simply stating we could get a cleaner suite in the Dells for a similar price - he tried to break it down to per person (6 adults) stating can't get a room for that price at super 8. Not true we could get a suite in the Dells, Door County etc. that would have fit all of us for around the same price,,,

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: large enough for our group - the scenery is beautiful
Liked least: horrible state/condition of property - owners take no responsibilty
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
21 Oct 2016
Our maintenance man found the source of the mouse entry. Someone had broken off the outside vent cover for the clothes dryer so it was wide open for the mice to enter. It is fixed now. Our other homes didn't have mice so now we know why the Haven home did. The wifi was down Friday evening and part of Saturday. We control a lot of things but can't control our internet service provider. We inspected the couch, which is relatively new and found no odors or stains of "poop". I sent this guest an email with apologies, not excuses and all I got in return was this vicious review. Please read all of our other reviews below this one..
Cadott

Illinois
Reviewed 3 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

WI
Reviewed 25 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing