AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tomah
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Okay, just remember you are not staying at a 5 diamond property, but a very clean, comfortable place with friendly staff.

We checked in early and were easily accommodated by a very friendly staff member. She willingly ran some photocopies for me and told me about the area, and really the best way to get to the hotel since my GPS had me going down a dirt road.

The rooms were nothing special, in that they are hotel rooms. They were however, very clean, comfortable and large enough to accomodate, me, my wife and two kids. The sheets were much better than I was expecting as were the pillows--these are usually two areas that budget hotels scrimp on.

The pool is not large, but certainly big enough to have more than 15 kids in there at one time playing. The breakfast the next morning was a quick grab and go, but everything appeared fresh and the area was clean.

I would stay at this property again especially considering the price and overall value. Wish every weekend sports trip for my kids would provide a hotel of this value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelMonWI

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Loved the crispy, high-quality sheets on the bed. Had the pool and the hot tub to ourselves, which was delightful. The hot tub was the perfect temperature, not too hot, and the size of the tub was nice and large. Everything was clean and nice in appearance. Our bathroom was clean and free from mold. Breakfast wasn't too exciting; cold hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, waffles, and cereal. The price was very reasonable for the quality received. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

THis was second time I stayed at this AmericInn. I could not remember what it was about the first time I stayed, until this second one. First thing that (for the second time) struck me was the difficulty finding the entrance into the hotel. It is an extremely dark and unmarked side street located about 200 feet away from the hotel. Like the first time, I missed the entrance and had to make a u-turn.

The hotel itself looks like it was a rebranded hotel, since the rooms were somewhat noisy with thin doors. The bathrooms were very small, with an exterior sink. Water pressure was no problem, rather a bit too much pressure to be honest.

Breakfast was a bit skimpy. At least at other AmericInns I've stayed at they offer at least one 'hot' item (Besides the "standard" waffles) such as biscuits and gravy, or scrambled eggs and sausage patties. This hotel offered neither. The room rate was also high, and considering the breakfast service, was not worth it. Luckily I was using a $75 room voucher I earned by staying 10X at AmericInn, so it only cost me $18 out-of-pocket.

Now I 'remember' why I will not stay at the AmericInn again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FDNYCAPT
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This hotel has it all. Friendly and attentive staff, very clean, comfortable gathering and dining space for families, beautiful rooms and pet friendly. The rooms are very quiet. We stay here once a year and will continue to choose the AmericInn.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2012

This is our second time staying here for a Mother-Daughter get away. Last year was the first. In one years time, we noticed a few things needing repair (mold in the bathroom, cracked tile). This was by no means a TON of mold, but the darkness really showed up on the white sealant. Overall, this is a very nice hotel with very friendly staff. The hot tub was on the fritz when we were there - maybe 98 degrees Friday night, and cooler then body temp Saturday afternoon. We did make hotel staff aware of the problem and they seemed to be working on it last we saw. There is a Perkins across the street, and we found a very nice place for steaks in the downtown area called the Tee Pee steakhouse.

Room Tip: Upstairs on second level may be prefered as there were a lot of kids running in halls upstairs and b...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This hotel looked great and was very clean. The rooms had a fridge and microwave which was nice. Right across the street from Perkins for an easy dinner. Breakfast was good, in the nicely decorated front desk area. We took a drive through the surroundings with lots of cranberry fields which was fun to see. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2012

On a long drive to the twin cities, we had to stop a few hours before we got there and were very fortunate to find the AmericInn in Tomah, Wisconsin. First of, the friendliness, charm and efficiency of Dennis when he checked us in just set the tone. Next, we discovered one of the cleanest hotel rooms I've ever been in and such nice comfortable beds and a very generous room size. We had a great night's sleep and then woke up to a delicious free breakfast with more than enough to choose from. There was a magnificent great room with a stone fireplace and the coffee came with several flavored syrups to choose from. I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel. If you are ever passing through this area and need a good night's sleep and want to be treated like an honored guest all at a very very reasonable price, make sure to stay here. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family