“Great Place Great Price”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tomah
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stopped here w/o a resrvation. The staff was friendly & went above & beyond. The rooms are large, clean and very comfortable w/a fridge & microwave in each room, free internet, swimming, sauna, pool & hot tub. Breakfast was good, scrambled eggs, saussage patties, muffins, pastries, cereal, coffee, apple & orange juice & waffles.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I had stayed here for 1 night while I had business in Tomah. Anna the front desk clerk who checked me in was very courteous & welcoming. The room was fine, bed & sheets were good, the pool & spa were clean, the Internet was a little slow & breakfast was your basic hotel breakfast. I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Okay, just remember you are not staying at a 5 diamond property, but a very clean, comfortable place with friendly staff.

We checked in early and were easily accommodated by a very friendly staff member. She willingly ran some photocopies for me and told me about the area, and really the best way to get to the hotel since my GPS had me going down a dirt road.

The rooms were nothing special, in that they are hotel rooms. They were however, very clean, comfortable and large enough to accomodate, me, my wife and two kids. The sheets were much better than I was expecting as were the pillows--these are usually two areas that budget hotels scrimp on.

The pool is not large, but certainly big enough to have more than 15 kids in there at one time playing. The breakfast the next morning was a quick grab and go, but everything appeared fresh and the area was clean.

I would stay at this property again especially considering the price and overall value. Wish every weekend sports trip for my kids would provide a hotel of this value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelMonWI
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Loved the crispy, high-quality sheets on the bed. Had the pool and the hot tub to ourselves, which was delightful. The hot tub was the perfect temperature, not too hot, and the size of the tub was nice and large. Everything was clean and nice in appearance. Our bathroom was clean and free from mold. Breakfast wasn't too exciting; cold hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, waffles, and cereal. The price was very reasonable for the quality received. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

THis was second time I stayed at this AmericInn. I could not remember what it was about the first time I stayed, until this second one. First thing that (for the second time) struck me was the difficulty finding the entrance into the hotel. It is an extremely dark and unmarked side street located about 200 feet away from the hotel. Like the first time, I missed the entrance and had to make a u-turn.

The hotel itself looks like it was a rebranded hotel, since the rooms were somewhat noisy with thin doors. The bathrooms were very small, with an exterior sink. Water pressure was no problem, rather a bit too much pressure to be honest.

Breakfast was a bit skimpy. At least at other AmericInns I've stayed at they offer at least one 'hot' item (Besides the "standard" waffles) such as biscuits and gravy, or scrambled eggs and sausage patties. This hotel offered neither. The room rate was also high, and considering the breakfast service, was not worth it. Luckily I was using a $75 room voucher I earned by staying 10X at AmericInn, so it only cost me $18 out-of-pocket.

Now I 'remember' why I will not stay at the AmericInn again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FDNYCAPT
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This hotel has it all. Friendly and attentive staff, very clean, comfortable gathering and dining space for families, beautiful rooms and pet friendly. The rooms are very quiet. We stay here once a year and will continue to choose the AmericInn.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2012

This is our second time staying here for a Mother-Daughter get away. Last year was the first. In one years time, we noticed a few things needing repair (mold in the bathroom, cracked tile). This was by no means a TON of mold, but the darkness really showed up on the white sealant. Overall, this is a very nice hotel with very friendly staff. The hot tub was on the fritz when we were there - maybe 98 degrees Friday night, and cooler then body temp Saturday afternoon. We did make hotel staff aware of the problem and they seemed to be working on it last we saw. There is a Perkins across the street, and we found a very nice place for steaks in the downtown area called the Tee Pee steakhouse.

Room Tip: Upstairs on second level may be prefered as there were a lot of kids running in halls upstairs and b...