“Overnight in Tomah”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tomah
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Traveled to Tomah for Grandparents Day. The hotel was great...a dip in the hot tub, a swim in the pool, a fresh hot cookie on check -in. On check out a great breakfast that was hot and fresh and satisfying. Helpful staff, cean, adequate facility at a resonable rate. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was a little concerned based on some mixed reviews but these concerns were unfounded. The room was very clean and comfortable. Some parts looked a bit old - door frame and sink drain were a bit corroded but all was scrupulously clean.

We drove all the way from Gillette, Wyoming (829 miles) and arrived just after midnight. We were greeted by a very friendly clerk who we witnessed helping other travelers find accommodations because this facility was sold out.

Our room was comfortable and had everything we needed. The WiFi worked fine. The breakfast was good. I'm not sure where the complaints came from others about small bathroom - having the sink outside the shower area means that a family can have one person washing up/brushing teeth while another showers.

Overall, we had a great experience and would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We often stay at Americinn Tomah on our way to and from northern Minnesota. The service is always good and the rooms extremely clean and comfortable. My husband and I travel with our 2 dogs and make it a point to stay here because of their "pet friendly" policy. The staff actually called us one evening to say our dogs were barking, which we really appreciated! We had stepped out for a quick bite of supper and left them kenneled in our room. It was early evening, but we did not want our dogs to disturb the other guests in any way. The gentleman at the counter when we returned was very pleasant about the situation, and apologized for interrupting our dinner. It impressed me that he was looking out for all the guests that night, to insure everyone had a pleasant stay and restful night.

Room Tip: We found the 2nd floor quieter, which was nice for us with pets. Less people in the halls makes for...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Well I'm going to start with the pro's. The rooms are an average size when you are staying at an adorable hotel. The bed are nice and comfortable. The bath room is small a toilet right next the shower which makes a tight space and I'm not a large guy. It's so small the sink isn't even in there. If you have read other reviews and read the rooms are large, yea right just average. If you decide to stay a while they do have a refrigerator and microwave. Yes they do have a pool and hot tub. Eggs and sausage I never saw it and I was there for a few days. Now for the negative. The front desk girl Anna, what a horrible attitude. She had a sarcastic attitude which is not appropriate when you have a concern with your room. She is a main reason why I wouldn't go back and across the street to the Best Western or down the road to micro- tell.
Also if you are a contractor don't expect some of the cleaning ladies to take the time and wipe down your sink counter. Not all the cleaning ladies just some. Also you may have a refrigerator that may not work correctly and freeze your stuff which they won't reimburse. When you go to the front desk you may find out like I did where they tell you, oh it's still doing that! Not right! Any who price wasn't bad but there are other hotels with competitive prices that you could stay else where! I have been all over this country and have written a lot of reviews and you'll see I don't usually recommend staying else where! This was an honest review un like a few other reviews I have read about this hotel! Some of those reviews came off like a fairy tail.. Happy travels!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Decided to give it a try since we had never stayed in this chain's hotels before. The room rate was very reasonable and the included breakfast good. Appreciated the free internet which worked just fine but didn't use any of the other facilities.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stopped here w/o a resrvation. The staff was friendly & went above & beyond. The rooms are large, clean and very comfortable w/a fridge & microwave in each room, free internet, swimming, sauna, pool & hot tub. Breakfast was good, scrambled eggs, saussage patties, muffins, pastries, cereal, coffee, apple & orange juice & waffles.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I had stayed here for 1 night while I had business in Tomah. Anna the front desk clerk who checked me in was very courteous & welcoming. The room was fine, bed & sheets were good, the pool & spa were clean, the Internet was a little slow & breakfast was your basic hotel breakfast. I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tomah
Cranberry Country Lodge
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tomah
Three Bears Resort
Three Bears Resort
#1 of 1 in Warrens

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tomah? Share your experiences!