“Good Local Breakfast”
Review of The Greenwood Cafe

The Greenwood Cafe
Ranked #12 of 38 Restaurants in Tomah
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We eat breakfast every other Saturday and we chose Greenwood Cafe this past weekend. The service was good and the food was good. Nothing spectacular in my opinion but it was good and we would go back. The one thing that did stand out was that they made the kids' pancakes into the shape of a Mickey Mouse head(the kids loved it). Lots of taxidermy, which for me was great. Very local hometown feel.

There are newer reviews for The Greenwood Cafe

Reviewed 28 May 2014

had a larger group of 7 adults & 2 little children. Waitress was awesome!!!! Food was very good & not over priced.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I needed a lunch break and so we made a couple of passes through downtown Tomah, looking for a restaurant. Choices were limited and so we stopped at the Greenwood Cafe although it didn't look like much from the outside. I would call it a typical, small town family restaurant serving homecooked meals. My husband had a BLT with chips and I ordered the wild rice chicken soup with a side salad. The soup was very tasty but I was most surprised by the salad. In addition to the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber slices, it included large pieces of broccoli and cauliflower, a piece of celery, and a carrot strip. All were very fresh. While waiting for our orders, we had a chance to look around at the decor which included numerous stuffed animals common to Wisconsin including a black bear, fox, rabbit, and squirrels. Most "impressive" was the large moose skull with antlers. It was definitely a memorable lunch stop.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is most definitely one of those "Mom and Pop" type family restaurants. There's nothing fancy about it, it's just good old fashioned down home cooking.

While conveniently located on the main drag (Superior Ave) in Tomah, WI, parking is somewhat limited. We got lucky and got street parking right out front. This place is hard to miss as the front of the building is painted mostly green (see pictures).

The Greenwood Cafe offers free internet service to its customers, simply ask the waitress for the password.

My Wife and I came here to have breakfast. I ordered the three egg Ham & Cheese Omelette with Hash Browns, Toast and a side order of Sausage Links, The Wife ordered a two egg Omelette with Hash Browns and Toast. As busy as they were the food came to our table piping hot within 10-15 minutes!

Our waitress was polite and kept good tabs on our coffee and other needs before, during and after our meal. OK, more about the food; The Omelette's were served a nice golden yellow, they had Ham & Cheese sprinkled across the top of them and were LOADED full of the same inside. Simply put, they were delicious! The Hash Browns were browned perfectly. The Sausage Links were rather large and also browned/ cooked perfectly. They had a wonderful flavor also!

Hands down, this is one of the better breakfasts we've had in a long time.

If you're just looking for good food in generous portions at a fair price and don't care too much about decor, I would highly recommend you add this restaurant to your list of places you want to go to.