“Beautiful location on Lake Nokomis w/ great service”

Centerstone Resort Lake-Aire
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tomahawk
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed here for 4 days in August and received a great stay with excellent service. Jim and Paula were accommodating of my need for an extra night without any complaint, despite the need to shift rooms due to being at maximum occupancy. The location is good, the view lovely and the rooms are quiet and a little oversized. An excellent value.

My room had a little two-burner kitchenette with a sink and all dishes, cooking utensils, pots, pans, mugs, classes, silverware, etc. There was also a larger than average refrigerator and a coffee maker. It was tucked away behind a wall and as such was unnoticeable in the room, which was nice.

The only downer was a fly problem on the lakeside external stairwell. Since my room was right around the corner and the insects so prolific, every time I opened the door a bunch of these little flies would dart into the room. Fortunately they were harmless; not biting and not even noisy or annoying once inside. Just a slight nuisance.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Centerstone Resort Lake-Aire

Reviewed 27 July 2011

We just completed a 6 day stay on July 13th and once again Jim, Paula and staff did an outstanding job to make our stay enjoyable. The rooms are clean, the deck over looking the lake is a great place to hang out. We have stayed here during the winter for snowmobiling and summer for boating with every experience being outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The outside appearance on our arrival was wonderful, the hotel staff were friendly, helpful and extremely fast. The room we had was sort of an odd shape but very clean, very quiet and most of all comfortable. We stayed during the longest hot spell of the summer, the air conditioning worked very well (not always the case in the northwoods where air conditioning is sometimes an afterthought) and was a welcome break from the heat. We spent some time on the large, lakeside deck they have for guests to enjoy and I recommend it to anyone staying at the property. The continental breakfast could use a little more variety and the decor could maybe be updated some but those are insignificant compared to the overall great value this propertty presents. I would definately stay there again and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Dining tip: Billy Bob's about 1/4 northeast of the hotel on county highway L offers great food at very good prices.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank baracuda74
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My wife and I spent one night here.
This is a great little hotel. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly.
The lake view from the hotel is beautiful.
The only issue my wife and I encountered was the whirlpool tub in our room did not work. This was a bit of a let down after driving nearly 9 hours, we were both looking for a relaxing soak.
Food is close by (walking distance)
Overall I think it is abit overpriced, but is the best spot in the area

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2010

This is a great little hotel in Northern Wisconsin, just off Highway 8 near Tomahawk. Everything in the room itself was clean, and I had everything I needed for a comfortable night on my way to the Dakotas.

There are lots of pine trees outside, and a lake behind the hotel itself. There was even a water fountain and garden outside my window; it was nice to fall asleep to that pleasant sound.

I did not have a chance to check out the area around the hotel, but I recommend this one if you're in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank 37Geese
Reviewed 3 May 2009

You can't go wrong with this hotel. Reasonable rates, located on Lake Nokomis, clean basic rooms with stove, microwave, mini-fridge. Friendly service.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank revcruxcorvus
Reviewed 16 July 2008

My husband and I stayed overnight at this rustic motel on the way up to Bayfield from the Chicago area. I would highly recommend a stop here overnight or for a longer stay. We were in a standard two bed room but this hotel - really more of a small resort- offers cabins for longer stays. Our room, however, included a tiny kitchenette which would be handy for a longer stay too. Everything was immaculate and it was nice to have a window that opened to enjoy the wonderful pine scented air. As nice as the room was, the location is the real winner. Right on Lake Nokomis with a deck apart from the rooms to take in the whole scene. The motel has a complimentary canoe which was a pleasure to use on this quiet lake. The motel also includes a light complimentary breakfast. The only negative thing to say was that our meal at nearby Bootleggers Supper Club was terrible. We ordered local fish and it was poorly prepared and lacking in freshness. Overpriced and very mediocre in general. Check out some other restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank RockyMorse
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tomahawk
Super 8 Tomahawk
#2 of 8 in Rhinelander
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander
The Pointe Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Concord Inn

Been to Centerstone Resort Lake-Aire? Share your experiences!