“Silver Birch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

It used to be a very good restaurant but they have cut back on the relish tray that they used to give you. Service is good, the food is ok and a bit pricey for the area.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

The Silver Birch harkens back to the traditional supper clubs of my youth, seldom seen in more modern establishments.
Sit at the bar for a cocktail while you wait for a table and enjoy the view of the lake.
We arrived on a Saturday night at 7 (no reservations made) and waited just 30 minutes for a table. Our hostess, a very flamboyant woman dressed in a red hat and jacket, led us to our table. The interior of the dining room was covered with knotty pine and tasteful decorations. Several groups were seated and we heard at least 3 happy birthday songs provided by the staff.
Our meal included one of the most interesting and tasty side salads I have ever seen. Lots of assorted veggies with a deviled egg and green onion topped with a blue-cheese dressing - very tasty! We both opted for the French onion soup that was very good and had the cheese at the bottom of the bowl rather than floating on top. Interesting!
My wife had a chicken Alfredo and I had the ribs. Both were very good. The ribs had a sauce that was a bit sour, for my taste but still was good.

If you are in the Tomahawk area stop by and give this place a try.
You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Silver Birch is my favorite restaurant- not just in Northern WI but across the country. The food is fantastic- steak, rack of lamb, escargot, etc. You can find just about anything and they have options for all price ranges. The restaurant itself is small and overlooks a beautiful little lake. If you happen to be within an hour of Tomahawk find a reason to visit Silver Birch.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I love the atmosphere! The food is WONDERFUL made fresh. My favorite dish is either the Greek Shrimp Scampi, or the Regular Shrimp Scampi!! They are delicious. If you have not eaten here I highly suggest it. There are so many wonderful options. Chris is the owner and she is absolutely amazing!!!

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Our waitress was on top of her duties, no complaints there!! Love a restaurant that offers both soup and salad. Salad was fun, little slice of green pepper, cucumber, little tomato, mushroom, croutons, and a yummy deviled egg. Soup was cauliflower cheese, blended smooth. Breadsticks are amazing. Super fresh, topped with a little garlic and Parmesan cheese. The breadsticks, alone, almost made up for the rest of the food. Almost. Escargot was rubbery and tasted freezer burnt. Ribeyes were cooked nicely but were extremely difficult to breakdown, in fact, a portion was inedible and needed to be spat in a napkin to avoid choking. Had to cut the steak in very small pieces to be able to eat. I love Tai peanut noodles. However, Silver Birch version lacked the nutty, sweet, and sour combination notorious in the traditional dish. Spice was there, however. Sauce was bizarre and noodles were topped with a bag of frozen stir-fry mix, which again tasted freezer burnt. I so wanted to like the food. Potential was certainly there!!