“Nice Spot but no Thrills”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tomahawk
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Yet another motel/hotel with not much of a character. The rooms are spacious and clean. Replacing the old TV sets with flat screens would be a nice touch. And of course - wireless internet - why not making it available to all rooms not only the lobby? Who travels with network cords any longer?

Amenities limited to a pool and a tiny gym with outdated equipment (bike and treadmill).

Convenient location right by the interstate if you are just passing through. For those who visit Tomahawk for the lakes and trails, the location is not so great. It takes about 5 minute drive to downtown and the lakes. Apart of the nearby gas station, there is not even a restaurant.

The service provided is fine. Staff - very helpful yet not intrusive.

I was there for business and would probably pick the same spot again, unless I travelled with family for fun. In that case, I'd pick something closer to town.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MaciejZ

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I am disappointed in our experience. We had reserved 2 rooms during the bike rally under a special rate on-line. When we arrived we were told that rate does not apply and they took back one room and did us a favor and cut their regular rate in half - which was still double of what I reserved. They said the dates were suppose to be blocked out - I'm sorry was that my fault someone didn't do their job???

Furthermore, there were 5 of us so our 60 year single friend had to sleep on the floor because they were out of cots - and pillows. Just a few other problems - there was a large yellow stain on the sheets of one of the beds, the fan in the bathroom didn't work and they said the bar would be open at 3 and it never was.

So a call was placed regarding the rate and they went good on what I originally reserved which was appreciated...and also appropriate.

My last complaint: my husband overheard one of the front desk workers on the phone talking about the situation and she was using swear words - how unprofessional!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank hotbells
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Reading the previous reviews I thought couldn't be too bad, boy was I wrong. Here as a vendor for the fall ride and ripped off from booking on.. Called to reserve held at 200$ per night, yet advertised on the day of check in rooms 89$ for Thurs. Then get into the gem of a room which I felt smelled like someone just smoked a carton of cigarettes with the window closed then peed on the carpet on the way out. Trust me this is not exaggerated! Became thirsty to find all vending machines are broken. Didn't even try the pool as for $10 anyone camping can come take a dip so I chose to pass on the cess pool. As I said ANY choice is better than staying here!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Cbunny1
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is the third time I've stayed at this facility in the past two years. The rooms were clean and inviting, the staff friendly and helpful (if a bit harried at times) and the continental breakfast was very good. There is an indoor pool that I used once. Laundry facility was readily available.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms away from the parking side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dlynn54
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We all tired from the trip and we need a quiet time to sleep, but how we can sleep you will hear noises laughing badly, closing the doors how many times, or even how they talk you will hear them. And you will see parents with minors kids drinking with them. Oh god, and we are in the 2nd floor. Then bathroom no fan and the coffee maker its so dirty they not mind to clean it. What a mess! We will not back here again!

Room Tip: Not go here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Hotel was clean and very nice staff. Was there for family reunion and had a wonderful hometown feel to it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Upon arriving to the Rodeway, the first issue was finding the parking lot as you can only access the property by taking a side road around the gas station....and there is no signage until you've already figured it out. The wifi is only available in the lobby area, and other guests told us the service was poor as the capacity for use is low. The facility is very poorly managed and extremely understaffed. On Friday night, when the hotel was full, they had one very nice lady at the front desk and bartending which is completely unrealistic. When going to the pool (which is supposed to be open from 7am-11pm) our access card didn't work, and after 15 minutes of trying to find someone to help us get in, we learned the door has been doing this "for a while" so clearly it isn't being addressed. Once in the pool, it was freezing! And the "hot tub" was cold! Staff indicated the hot tub has been broke for the past several years, the owners know, and refuse to fix it. The rooms are boring, but sufficient if you don't mind a bed that's as hard as a rock. I did like the waffle maker at breakfast....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tomahawk
Super 8 Tomahawk
#6 of 8 in Rhinelander
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 8 in Rhinelander

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!