All reviewsnice remodelfree roomnight standcontinental breakfastliving areawould stay againroomy
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Reservations make no sense. Cheaper to not take the deal. Hotel is not attached to casino. Under a very needed remodel. Hope they do the rooms. Rude lady at guest services. No comps, tight slots. Big place divided in two parts. Don't like that. Seafood buffet good and cheap. So cheap that you must stand in line for over an hour. Breakfast buffet is very cheap and you get plenty. No line. Bottom line. Won't go back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Susan C, Manager at St. Croix Casino & Hotel Turtle Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

We're sorry your visit wasn't more satisfying, but are encouraged that you enjoyed our dining selections. Our hotel is in the process of being remodeled and hope you'll return sometime in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I'm usually very satisfied with my stay here, but this time........not so much! It started with the check-in. I had reservations for Friday & Saturday night for a wedding in the area. I had to book 2 nights because the wedding was at 3:30 Saturday & they couldn't guarantee an early check-in. I figured that would be fine because I had earned a free night stay on my casino card. I reserved the rooms under the "wedding block" and was told at check in that they don't allow the use of comps for blocked rooms. So, I had her take me off the wedding block rooms. Then I asked what the discount was for renting a room that was in the wedding block and they told me there were no price breaks for blocked rooms!! WHAT?? Ugh
The hotel is under a very needed update, so there was some evidence of construction going on. That did not bother me at all.
We (my Mother & I) stayed in room 227. The room was fine, clean etc.. but the furnace in that room does not work. Unfortunately it was cold that weekend. I should have called the front desk and asked for maintenance to fix it, but I did not. I'll take the blame for that one.
Some people staying with us, in room number 229, had the opposite problem. Their furnace stayed on! LOL They could have turned it all the way off probably, but then it would have been cold.
Like I mentioned before, I usually have no issues staying here. This stay unfortunately was the exception.
I will give it another try soon & report back.

Room Tip: Check the furnace/air in your room right away to be sure it's working properly.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kris J
Susan C, Manager at St. Croix Casino & Hotel Turtle Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for your comments. Our hotel is in the process of being renovated so we’re hopeful your next visit and report will be very rewarding.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I will agree about the confusion with booking...I called the hotel direct 2 wks prior to stay and was quoted the Getaway Package...maybe 79-89$...upon checking in they said 142$...WHAAAAT??? I said I had a previous deal and was told I had to first go get a players card...sooo drive BACK to casino to get that....come back now it is 124$....but that is for the Suite....I said I did not book a Suite....but the husband says "well what makes it better?" So Mr. High Roller decides yep...we want the Suite...best decision he made...beautiful room...probably one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in....clean..super roomy...2 bathrooms...jetted tub....kinda nicer than our house....so anywho....gambling was ok not great...he ahead...me - NOT....restaurant was good...did not do the buffet...prime rib sandy at the deli...to die for....will definitely go back...probably in the next few months...was completely happy with our stay

Room Tip: Get a Suite
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Susan C, Manager at St. Croix Casino & Hotel Turtle Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

We apologize for the booking miscommunication but are happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

WOW! Super disgusted in the front desk staff at Turtle Lake. Made reservations and received confirmations for 3 rooms. Was told a room rate that apparently they have the right to change whenever they want! Despite paperwork upon checking in listing a quoted room rate they still don't honor it and charge MORE. How is this ok?? Even after speaking to manager was told they won't honor a quoted reservation price! People that hotel is in terrible shape and absolutely not worth the price, find somewhere else! **BEWARE** If the rates change after making your reservation they told me they don't have to honor my reserved rate! Rates can change at any time.

I reserved 3 rooms in December 2016 for a weekend stay in September 2017 for my daughter's wedding in the area. Told reservation person exactly who and how many were staying in each room but I was going to be paying for the 3, was told they would be $67 per night. They did not honor reservation, told me that when we checked in we accepted the new rate. We were told of the new rate and we wanted to speak with someone about it only to be told there was no one there that could help. We needed to call in on Monday. There was nowhere else for us to go, so yes we had to check in. Speaking with the manager on Monday was absolutely useless. I understand why the staff has zero customer service as the manager flat out told me that no, she wasn't going to honor a reservation rate from December and she didn't have to! Didn't care one bit about bad reviews. When I told her I would be leaving bad reviews she said fine, goodbye and hung up.

The hotel is EXTREMELY dated. Threadbare carpeting throughout the hotel. Hotel lobby looks like Grandma's crowded living room. Many room doors do not shut unless slammed. Very annoying to be doing during the night. You wake up the person in your room as well as others down the hall.

We had many of our family and friends stay in the room block and I sure wish we would have had another option to stay at. Not enough rooms for all the people. Embarrassed to have had family/friends stay here. They made A LOT of money from us.

Room Tip: Some rooms have new bedding and furniture. Others are very outdated.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jlkids_10
Susan C, Manager at St. Croix Casino & Hotel Turtle Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Hello,
We're sorry for the frustration you experienced and are pleased that the Director of Marketing was able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stayed here for our son's wedding. The rooms were alright. It definitely needs some updating done. The drivers that took us to the casino could have been a little friendlier. Not much of a smile from either one.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Susan C, Manager at St. Croix Casino & Hotel Turtle Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for your comments.