“Dirty and rude”

Country Lodge of Turtle Lake
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Turtle Lake
Country Lodge of Turtle Lake
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Turtle Lake
Durham
“Dirty and rude”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I'm not sure if the other reviews are being very kind, or if they are just made up by the owner. This hotel was dirty and far below the run of the mill cheap hotels. I've stayed at hotels that cost half as much that were much nicer. I don't expect the Hilton but it should at least be at the same level as a Days Inn or Motel 6. I had a cockroach in the bathroom, the couch was stained and the entire room smelt of mold. When I asked for a different room, I was told I'd still have to pay for the first room. The lady at the desk was far from helpful and was just plain rude. To mimic others, don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
13 Thank barkwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

stayed here for a business trip. very clean. Great staff. good location. I would highly recommend this motel.
micky big boy.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank mickybigboy
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

I travel quite a bit on my job and it requires that I stay in many different motels. I usually just stop in at this motel and have never made a reservation. I have had various rooms at this motel and have always had a very nice room. Very clean. I don't agree with some of the posts I read on here. The many times I have stayed here I have found the management very friendly and very helpful. I always leave the housekeepers a tip because the rooms are always spotless. They work very hard and it shows. I am a saleswoman and I like a clean, quiet motel room and I always find it here. I love the location. OUTSTANDING!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Dixonsandra
Onlaska
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I had ants in my bathroom. When I talked to the hotel desk, they said they didn't want any problems and that I should leave (10:30 p.m.). They said they spray but ground level rooms continue to have the problem in hot weather. No concension, no moving to a higher floor. Just told to leave. I hate to pay for a room with ants. On checkout, I asked to speak with the hotel mgr and the young boy said I'd have to wait until 1 p.m. Their front desk people can barely speak understandable english. I was traveling with another couple and they had the same problem.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
10 Thank duckeeeee

Travellers are raving about these Turtle Lake hotels

Minnesota
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed here last weekend for one night. The cost was $97 which included tax. The room was filthy. The furniture was old and so dirty, the arm rests were black. We had to move the night stand to plug in the lamp and found dirty candy wrappers. The mattresses on the beds were so old they were lumpy and soft. To be honest it was just plain gross! I would not waste my money on this hotel again! I read all the reviews and went in with an open mind. Now I know to trust these reviews! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank ito411
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

My sisterinlaw told us about the Country Lodge. We are so glad we listened to her. We had a great time. It was a mini vacation. The service was great. The management was very helpful and kind. The motel and pool area was very clean. It is quiet and breakfast has a great selection. I highly suggest staying at this motel.
Judy

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank BonnieK1968
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Country Lodge for 5 days. It was quiet, very clean and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. They were all very courtious. The selection for breakfast was the best we've ever had at a motel. The owner and her son (front desk) were both a delight to talk to and very helpful. We would highly suggest to everyone to stay at this motel. They make it a wonderful getaway. And, it is clean. That is VERY important to us. Fantastic!!!
Sandra

Cumberland Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Cumberland
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Barron
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Va...
#1 of 2 in Saint Croix Falls
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#1 of 8 in Rice Lake
Black Bear Motel
Black Bear Motel
#1 of 1 in Cameron

Been to Country Lodge of Turtle Lake? Share your experiences!