“Can't beat the price”

Country Lodge of Turtle Lake
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Turtle Lake
Country Lodge of Turtle Lake
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Turtle Lake
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed here in January with a friend just for a little casino one night getaway. The room price for player's members was comped ($25). The room was clean, the beds were decent, and for the price I can't complain. The wood furniture had definitely seen better days.... chipped and areas where the stain had worn off. but the cleanliness of the room raises the bar to average! Don't expect much, and you will be pleasantly surprised! We had our fun and didn't let that bother us. The 24 hour shuttle was awesome.... we stayed out quite late (actually it was early morning) and when we were ready to head back to the hotel we informed security at the drop off door and they called the shuttle. It was there in a matter of minutes. We didn't stay for the breakfast, or use the pool, but the pool area looked very nice. I'd return even if just for the convenience of the shuttle.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank siouxz
There are newer reviews for Country Lodge of Turtle Lake

Reviewed 31 October 2012

For us, it was one unfortunate adventure after another with this place. It seemed that there were either awful reviews or great reviews, so we decided to give it a chance. I don't make a habit of bad-mouthing establishments of any type, but I'd be lying if I said the overall experience was anything other than terrible.
The building itself is ok (the rooms were a little dirty, but not uninhabitable), and the location was important in choosing to stay there. But the service? It was literally offensive. Not because I had complained or anything, but seemingly just because the young fella was in a bad mood. It turned out that he was an owner or related to the owner, and they really took offense to my questioning my room rate changing from when I had booked to when I checked in.
So much so, that they became borderline irrationally confrontational when I asked why the rate had gone up after I had already booked.
The personal conduct of the management/ownership was unprofessional to say the least, to the point that I felt uncomfortable even leaving my belongings in my room the next morning when I was away. Not because I was worried about theft, but because of how the guy talked. I'm not a paranoid person by any means, and I've stayed in many hotels, good and not so good with no issues. For me to feel uncomfortable in that way was honestly a new experience. I'll stay two hours away next time if I need to, just so I don't have to deal with the ownership.
You can make up your own mind if you like, some people seem to have a good stay. But I actually felt a moral obligation to share my experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
20  Thank WillyWall
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My friend and I went there for a quick getaway from college and work and stress in general. The receptionists are awesome there. She engaged in a lot of conversation with us while we were checking in. The rooms are fantastic, we stayed in 214 (right by the stairs). The only downside to that room was it was by the stairs so when this drunk fool tried to walk to his room, he stomped his way up the steps very loudly and woke me up. But other than that, it was a quiet room, nice a/c, 2 beds, decent beds, very close to the casino, my friend and I wanted to drink but didn't want to risk driving to a hotel room after a few drinks in our system, so we walked across the hwy to the casino and back. It's not that bad of a walk, and they do have shuttle service but after a long time in a car, we felt like getting some fresh air anyways. I will be coming back to this hotel sometime in the next year. It's great, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Try not to stay in 214, because it's right by the stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Heather F
Reviewed 24 July 2012

stayed and relaxed for couple of nights during business trip with my partner. small but cozy and neat. I was relaxing at hot tub. I will stay again here next annual business trip. I was feeling comfortable...I recommend this hospitalit !

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank jacky M
Reviewed 17 July 2012

On a recent motorcycle trip we found ourselves hot and tired in Turtle Lake, WI. There were no vacancies at the casino hotel and we were too beat to go any further. We got a room across the street at the Country Lodge. When entering the building we noticed a very odd scent, much like mothballs. I was worried but just wanted a cool shower and a bed to stretch out on. When we got to our room, we were very surprised to see a small suite with a frig, microwave, sofa and a king size canopy bed! The room was clean and spacious. We enjoyed a quiet night and woke refreshed and ready to hit the road again! I would recommend this hotel when in Turtle Lake.

Room Tip: Ask about the king size bed with the canopy. It was very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank kitty k
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I'm not sure if the other reviews are being very kind, or if they are just made up by the owner. This hotel was dirty and far below the run of the mill cheap hotels. I've stayed at hotels that cost half as much that were much nicer. I don't expect the Hilton but it should at least be at the same level as a Days Inn or Motel 6. I had a cockroach in the bathroom, the couch was stained and the entire room smelt of mold. When I asked for a different room, I was told I'd still have to pay for the first room. The lady at the desk was far from helpful and was just plain rude. To mimic others, don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
14  Thank barkwell
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

stayed here for a business trip. very clean. Great staff. good location. I would highly recommend this motel.
micky big boy.

Cumberland Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Cumberland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Va...
#1 of 2 in Saint Croix Falls
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#1 of 8 in Rice Lake
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake

Been to Country Lodge of Turtle Lake? Share your experiences!