“Extremely comfortable and nice place to stay!!”

Country Lodge of Turtle Lake
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Turtle Lake
Country Lodge of Turtle Lake
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Turtle Lake
“Extremely comfortable and nice place to stay!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

When I arrived at the front desk, one of the first things I noticed was that the front desk workers were very nice and welcoming. The lobby also gave off a very cozy vibe which was comforting for my alone stay. The rooms were kept very neat and they did a great job with their services. Their swimming pool was also spacious and clean-- it's a great place to relax! Overall you can trust the hotel and enjoy their friendliness. I would definitely come again~

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Minnesota
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed here so that we could see a concert at the Turtle Lake Casino. The casino hotel was full so that is how we ended up here. I am always nervous when going to a hotel I don't know anything about so i am hopeful this may help someone else. This hotel was fine, not fabulous, but okay for a night. We had some friends stay at the casino hotel and they said ours sounded nicer. Our room was clean and from what i could tell had no bed bugs (i do check). A simple breakfast is provided in the morning (our friends at the casino did not get that and had to pay for one) so that was nice. Just the basics: Cereal, toast, muffins, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, donuts, juice, milk and coffee. The pool area was quite nice and the hot tub, which we did use, was very nice and looked relatively new.
The staff were all very nice and helped us with whatever we needed. This is a non smoking hotel which was a nice break from the casino. Rooms are dated, but the beds weren't as bad as some places we've been. No fridge or microwave in double Queen room so that was a bummer. We ate at the casino restaurant (not the buffet or snack bar) which was not very good at all.
This hotel is across a busy street and down a block from the casino. Unknown to us when we booked, they provide a 24hr shuttle back and forth from the casino which was very convenient. We rode it several times to come back and get a break from the smoke at the casino (we are non-smokers).
If we were to attend another concert at the casino I think we would stay here again vs. the casino hotel based on what our friends were telling us. This hotel costs more than that one, but it sounds to me like it was worth it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank M R
Poskin
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Had nice weekend stay at the country lodge, Clean rooms,Friendly environment, Overall very nice place to stay would recommend to everyone stop in for a nite or weekend stay, they have a nice kept pool area to take a relaxing swim in after traveling on the road all day or just relax in your room for the evening.

• Stayed March 2014
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Here is the fact why do I like to stay again in this hotel. First very close to the Casino and Mcdonald just a walking distance. People here are friendly, service is great, pools fantastic, room is clean very comfortable to sleep. I'll be back here again hopefully by summer.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grace b
Eden Prairie
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I have been staying here for over 10 years. Sam and Pauline (the so called rude Asian Lady) are wonderful. If they are booked, I won't even make the trip to the area. As a hotel manager myself, I read these guest reviews and just shake my head. Good for you Pauline, don't let scammers take advantage of you. Some people are always looking for discount or a reason not to pay. People book a room, then expect to be able to have 50 people in the pool or in their room. This is a perfect getaway spot if you are going to the Casino or just enjoying the area. This is a family run hotel trying to make a go of a small business. I commend their hard work and extremely long hours they put in to make their guest experience wonderful.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melanie I
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Friendly front desk and comfortable rooms with good value and it is the cleanest hotel that I have ever stayed in,it is quiet which is what I wanted...The swimming pool is fantastic and the breakfast are good...I want to recommend this hotel to everyone :)

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Bhels O
Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The bad reviews you read hit the nail on the head. The rooms are not very clean, beds are old and uncomfortable. The check out time is suppose to be 11 am but when I returned to me room at 10:30 the maid was in there and the room was stripped and all I got was a sorry. I asked to be compensated something, anything as a gesture would have been acceptable but all they would give me was a "sorry about that" The lady that checked us in was rude, the young gentleman that checked us out was nice but firm in his choice of telliong us tough deal on us going in your room and stripping it before we checked out. Do yourself a favor and choose to stay somewhere else. I guess it should have been a clue when the hotel across the street was packed and the Coutry Inn had very few cars by it. Live and learn, we will never be back even if we have to drive 30 miles to the next town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Cumberland Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Cumberland
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Barron
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Va...
#1 of 2 in Saint Croix Falls
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#1 of 8 in Rice Lake
Black Bear Motel
Black Bear Motel
#1 of 1 in Cameron

Been to Country Lodge of Turtle Lake? Share your experiences!