“If you're going to Epic, STAY HERE! You won't regret it!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Verona
Columbus, Ohio
“If you're going to Epic, STAY HERE! You won't regret it!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I had concerns about staying so far away from downtown, but with such close proximity to the Epic campus, I thought I'd try it, and I'm so glad I did! They picked me up on time at the airport. Cookies, water and a granola bar upon check in. Free Happy Hour on Tuesday and Wednesday with local craft beer (bottles), wine, cheese and snack mix. There was a WONDERFUL massage therapist that came in and gave 20 minute chair massages for $10 (highly recommend!). My room was on the 3rd floor (top), it was very clean and spacious. It was generally quiet except for some door shutting sounds. Every night, the hotel arranges shuttles to different area restaurants. I think they have 10-15, different types of food; you sign up and they leave at a pre-determined time for each place. There are also a few delivery places, as well as 3 places in walking distance. There is a shuttle to Epic every morning, leaving about every 10 minutes starting at 730 am. The shuttle leaves from Epic starting at 430. You can call the hotel at any time to be picked up at an off time. The shuttle also picked me up from Epic and took me to the airport even after I'd already checked out. You can leave your luggage with them and they will bring it to you when they pick you up. All of the shuttle drivers were knowledgeable, professional, and super friendly. I did not try out the pool or hot tub this trip, but I plan to on the next.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jordan S, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Amanda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here in Verona! We really appreciate your kind words and feedback. We truly pride ourselves in being a Great Hotel Guests Love. I'm so glad we were able to take care of you and that we've created a relationship for future stays!

I'm also glad that you were able to utilize our shuttle service here in Verona. It's so convenient to use the shuttle service! To and from the campus, dinner, and also the airport, you can beat that!

Hope To See You Back Soon!!

Jordan Steward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Milwaukee
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The first thing you notice is that whoever designed the lobby had a great touch with restrained elegance. The check-in desk is to your right and a seating area and business center to the left. The business center has two computers a printer and two of the best chairs I’ve ever seen in a hotel business center. Check-in was quick with fresh cookies available and a small welcome pack for members of their rewards club. The people at the front desk were exceptionaly friendly and cheerful the entire stay.

The room decor was pretty much cookie cutter hotel decorating – nothing bad about it but nothing to really set it apart from its compatriots. However, someone was paying attention to the details when putting the room together. Some are immediately obvious like the refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. But they were also paying attention to the not so obvious. There are extra outlets next to the bed so you can plug in a phone or CPAP, or whatever without unplugging something else. The bed has both soft and firm pillows and the type is marked on the edge of the pillowcase. Besides the WI-FI there is also an Ethernet cable available at the desk which has outlets available at desk level. And wonder of wonders – a thermostat that actually functioned! Turn the temp up and the heat goes on – and no motion detector so you can watch television or work at the desk without freezing because the heat has turned itself off. The bathroom was a nice size, big enough so you weren’t cramped but not so big that you wondered why they didn’t put all that wasted space in the rest of the room. My one criticism is that the desk chair seemed a little on the flimsy side. Every time I sat down in it I wondered if it was going to break. I wanted to sneak into the lobby and switch my chair for one from the business center.

The breakfast room continued the lobby’s restrained elegance with a fireplace, tables, booths and easy chairs with small attached tables. The food selection had all of the standard selections but all on the side of good quality. A couple of unique things were the hot cinnamon rolls (so good they can’t be legal) and a pancake machine instead of the more common waffle maker. Press the button and a short time later three pancakes roll off a conveyor on the side. Unfortunately they weren’t what one would hope for in a pancake. They were pretty flat and on the tough side. Interesting idea but needs some work.

The room rate seemed a tad high considering it was a weekend and we, supposedly, had a “special group rate” but not horribly out of line.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank Milwaukee.-7
Milwaukee.-7,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel here in Verona! We really appreciate your kind words and very thoughful feedback. We here at the Holiday Inn Express truly pride ourselves in being a Great Hotel Guests Love. I'm so glad we were able to take care of you and that you were able to enjoy yourself here at Our Home Away From Home.

I'm so glad you were able to relax in the comforts of our spacious and inviting rooms. I do agree, its quite nice to be in a guest room in which the heat and a/c are regulated well and you aren't constantly needing to play with the thermostat.

Hope To Have You Back Soon!

Wyoming, Illinois
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We really were just travelling through and I picked this site since I am a Priority Member with Holiday Inn. We really liked the hotel, and the town, being close to Madison but not in Madison. We found a nice small church the next day being Sunday and went to church and had a great time. Breakfast was the standard fare for Holiday Inn Express. Pool was nice till a herd of kids came in .....Oh well at least they were not mine! We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room and near elevator. I could not tell we were near elevator. Very quiet b...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Photo777,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and feedback of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Madison - Verona! We really appreciate your kind words and very awesome feedback. We here at the Holiday Inn Express truly pride ourselves in being a Great Hotel Guests Love. I'm so glad we were able to take care of you and that you were able to be apart of Our Home Away From Home.

We are in a great location being so close to Madison but being in the lovely and wonderful suburb of Verona. We are close but truly have that Hometown USA feel!

Hope to have you visit us again soon!

Seekonk, MA
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I traveled to Verona 4 times so far in 2014 and stayed here the last 2 times. Compared to the other hotels I stayed at previously, there is no comparison, this is the BEST! From the folks that work here (front desk, shuttle drivers, housekeeping), to the cleanliness of the place overall, they know hospitality. I did not find one significant thing they could have improved on. Were there minor things? Yes, but this is where they shine. They take every opportunity to make it right -- proactively. This hotel could be used as an example to the industry on how to do it right. Like the Disney of hotels. Thank you for making my stay the best it could be.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
beagle07,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and feedback of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Madison - Verona! We really appreciate your kind words and very awesome feedback. I'm so glad that we've been able to create a relationship with you (4 trips is a lot!!!) We here at the Holiday Inn Express truly pride ourselves in being a Great Hotel Guests Love. I'm so glad we were able to take care of you and that you've been able to be apart of Our Home Away From Home.

We truly pride ourselves in doing all the little things, as to set us apart from everyone else. I will certainly pass along your wonderful words to everyone here at the hotel!

Hope to have you back soon!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Not only is this a newer and lovely hotel (in an area where there are not many to choose from) but the staff was always attentive and seemed to go above and beyond to help us out. I honestly thought it was an act first on the phone when they were so helpful, but the moment we checked in, each staff member I encountered seemed to genuinely care about our family and accommodations. I can't recall their names, (maybe one was Jordan?) as we stayed there in November, but I thank them all for their graciousness and assistance during a rather stressful time for us.

Rooms were substantial, clean and comfortable. (we had a large suite, whirlpool suite and king room) Comfortable beds. Only complaint was the heating system which was quite loud and did wake us up a few times. Also, being around holiday time, there was music playing at the outside entrance, which we could hear throughout the night (please turn it off after midnight next season!) Front meeting room was very nice, large & comfortable, and breakfast was very generous and abunbdant

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
NCGreek,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and feedback of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Madison - Verona! We really appreciate your kind words and very awesome feedback. We here at the Holiday Inn Express truly pride ourselves in being a Great Hotel Guests Love. I'm so glad we were able to take care of you and that you've been able to be apart of Our Home Away From Home.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy our spacious rooms (including the suites). The beds are so comfortable but the roominess of the standard and suite themselves are so welcoming! Thank you for the feedback in regards to the lobby music, we have since changed our policy about what time the music is turned off so that everyone can enjoy the peace and quiet that the comforts of our amenities bring.

Hope to have you back soon!

Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was in Verona for 4 weeks attending an Epic class. Although the weeks were every other week we stayed at then Holiday Inn Express 3 of the 4 times. The hotel itself was very nice with comfortable, clean, rooms and a wonderful "happy hour" on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The thing that sets this hotel apart from others is the staff. They are always bending over backwards to help you with whatever they can. I have stayed at many 4 star hotels that have far less superior staff. The staff will assist you with travel arrangements to local restaurants, stores, or businesses, They always great you with a smile and a "how was your day" and when you leave in the morning always have a smile again with a have a great day. I would stay here any day of the week when I come back in Madison/ Verona. This staff can't be beat!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ericchaney,

Thank you so much for taking the time and reviewing us here in Verona! We certainly appreciate the kind and very humbling words. A really take pride in being A Great Hotel Guests Love.

I am so glad that you've been able to enjoy our hospitality 4 times! We love being A Home Away From Home for all our guests as we know life does not stop upon traveling out for training, it only picks up!

We hope to have you back here soon!

Verona, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just finished a great week with friends in Verona. We had a quilt retreat at the Holiday Inn. The staff id great and the hotel is wonderful. We used the Badger Room which worked great for the 10 friends to quilt, visit and eat. Rooms are modern and spacious. Staff accomidated all our special requests. We are planning again next year!

Room Tip: Ask for back side
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Jordan S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
KRMALMBE4110,

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We really appreciate your kind and wonderful comments. We were so glad we could accommodate all of you again! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the comforts of the Badger Room and quilt to your hearts content! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to everyone here in Verona!

Hope to see you all back soon!

Jordan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison Verona
Super 8 Verona/Madison
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Mount Horeb
Hyatt Place Madison/Verona
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona? Share your experiences!