“Country haven”
Review of Springdale Inn

Springdale Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Verona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here while I attended a conference near Madison this spring. We were quite impressed. This eco-friendly B and B is a relaxing retreat perched on a hill overlooking a beautiful prairie. Nancy is a delightful and personable hostess, and her cherry rhubarb crepes are nothing short of fabulous. The house was quite comfortable, with charming touches throughout and a beautiful grand piano for the guests. I enjoyed my hike in the woods, which brought me to a peaceful, meandering creek. I also enjoyed my daily visits to the alpaca stable. My wife enjoyed her mindful meditation session led by Nancy. It was a relaxing start to a beautiful day. We definitely plan on returning in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Thank Mary and Stephe... A
Nancy H, Owner at Springdale Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

I loved having you two! I'm so happy you made time for hiking our nature trails. Our prairies will be in full bloom in mid to late July, and our fly fishing nearby will be great all season. I look forward to your next visit, whenever that may be. ; )

There are newer reviews for Springdale Inn

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed at the Inn while in the area for a job interview. I couldn't have been better taken care of! The breakfasts were delicious, well rounded and plentiful. The house is beautiful; obviously a lot of attention to detail went into the design and construction. Nancy is a sweet and generous host. I truly enjoyed our conversations. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My wife and I have now stayed at Springdale Inn on two occasions. Once for our anniversary and the second time for a Birthday cross-country ski weekend. Nancy is the best! She is now like and old friend that we plan to keep visiting in the future. We stayed in the Sunrise Room and litterly watched the sun rise from behind our bed! The breakfasts were wonderful and Nancy always has snacks for us when we arrive. We hiked the mowed trails and saw deer and many wild birds.
Springdale Inn is perfect for a romantic getaway or just to get away from the husltle and bustle of our home in downtown Chicago.

Room Tip: We like the Sunrise Room the best.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend in February. Nancy was an extremely welcoming hostess. There was a lot of food at breakfast, and she set wonderful snacks out at other times. She has a beautiful home. Unfortunately, the weather was super cold so we didn't get to walk around and explore the grounds, but I am certain it would be really beautiful in better weather. Overall, a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We spent several nights here for a conference in Madison 11/12. We enjoyed hospitality, generosity, over the top breakfasts accommodating multiple food allergies, lovely grounds for strolling with mowed trails, and a terrific fireplace to enjoy wine and treats by. We had as much conversation and as much privacy as we wanted. Very impressed with this new innkeeper, and whenever we have to be in the area again, we will return without question. Having stayed in about 40 B&B's, this easily is in our top 5, and we travel by reviews and value.

Room Tip: All the other rooms looked as nice as ours. The shared bath was not a problem. Robes are supplied as...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Todd L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Mount Horeb
Hyatt Place Madison/Verona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison Verona
Super 8 Verona/Madison
Spring Valley Inn
Spring Valley Inn
#1 of 6 in Spring Green

Been to Springdale Inn? Share your experiences!