“Like staying with a favorite cousin”
Review of Springdale Inn

Springdale Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Verona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2013

What a wonderful B&B. Nancy made us feel at home and soon felt like the best of friends or a favorite cousin! The house is modern, but very homey and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, feeding the alpacas was an added bonus. Springdale Inn had walking trails and Nancy is reviving the Wisconsin prairie on her acreage. Her big front porch is set up for eating a meal or relaxing with a good book on her porch swing or in a comfy chair. All this said, we were there to attend the Epic User Group Forum and Nancy's lovely place was the closest accomodations to Epic Systems. So convenient and so pleasant. Can't say enough about our stay and will be staying again if the opportunity presents itself!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Springdale Inn

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Very much enjoyed our weekend at Springdale. Walked in the prairie and watched numerous birds performing at feeders off the back deck. Close to rails-to-trails cycle paths in the area. Nancy provided maps and helpful suggestions for navigating the winding byways. Will definitely return. RB

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay immensely. Nancy has a beautiful home, and she really made us feel comfortable and welcome. We enjoyed sitting on the shaded, front porch during the afternoon. That night, we watched a meteor shower from her back deck. Springdale is in a beautiful location and has fantastic views. Everything about our visit was delightful. We will definitely return and highly recommend this beautiful paradise to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed at Springdale Inn for Epic class last month, and I can't believe I haven't visited earlier for previous classes! The Inn is conveniently located in Verona, and Nancy is an attentive and hospitable hostess. I didn't even realize I had left a dress there, and Nancy shipped it to my home without me even asking! If I ever get a chance to visit the Madison/Verona area again, I will definitely be coming back here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here while I attended a conference near Madison this spring. We were quite impressed. This eco-friendly B and B is a relaxing retreat perched on a hill overlooking a beautiful prairie. Nancy is a delightful and personable hostess, and her cherry rhubarb crepes are nothing short of fabulous. The house was quite comfortable, with charming touches throughout and a beautiful grand piano for the guests. I enjoyed my hike in the woods, which brought me to a peaceful, meandering creek. I also enjoyed my daily visits to the alpaca stable. My wife enjoyed her mindful meditation session led by Nancy. It was a relaxing start to a beautiful day. We definitely plan on returning in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Thank Mary and Stephe... A
Nancy H, Owner at Springdale Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

I loved having you two! I'm so happy you made time for hiking our nature trails. Our prairies will be in full bloom in mid to late July, and our fly fishing nearby will be great all season. I look forward to your next visit, whenever that may be. ; )

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed at the Inn while in the area for a job interview. I couldn't have been better taken care of! The breakfasts were delicious, well rounded and plentiful. The house is beautiful; obviously a lot of attention to detail went into the design and construction. Nancy is a sweet and generous host. I truly enjoyed our conversations. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My wife and I have now stayed at Springdale Inn on two occasions. Once for our anniversary and the second time for a Birthday cross-country ski weekend. Nancy is the best! She is now like and old friend that we plan to keep visiting in the future. We stayed in the Sunrise Room and litterly watched the sun rise from behind our bed! The breakfasts were wonderful and Nancy always has snacks for us when we arrive. We hiked the mowed trails and saw deer and many wild birds.
Springdale Inn is perfect for a romantic getaway or just to get away from the husltle and bustle of our home in downtown Chicago.

Room Tip: We like the Sunrise Room the best.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Mount Horeb
Hyatt Place Madison/Verona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona
Super 8 Verona/Madison
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison Verona
Spring Valley Inn
Spring Valley Inn
#1 of 6 in Spring Green

Been to Springdale Inn? Share your experiences!