“My food wasn't the best” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 34 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Swisher, Iowa
“My food wasn't the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Went with a rather large group of 8, I ordered the lasagna special and I didn't particularly care for it but another member of the group ordered the same and he loved it so guess it's just a matter of taste. Service was good when we were there but granted, we were practically the only ones in the restaurant the whole time we were there. A very unique atmosphere that would be perfect for a romantic dinner out. If I go back, I'll make sure to order something besides the lasagna special!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Verona, Wisconsin, United States
“ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

What's with the picture? Certainly isn't the outside of Avanti's. The ribs are awesome, service is ok. I think it's expensive for what you get.

Visited January 2013
Blue Mounds
“Ughhh always disappointed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

The staff are so friendly I feel bad giving such a bad review. We have eaten there at least four times this past year and it gets worse each time. This time it was freezing unless you had the heater by you. Salad looked days old and they served us bread with mold. I showed the waitress and she gave us a free bottle of wine. Doubt we will ever go back again. Too bad as I am a huge supporter of local restaurants.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Madison
“Not much atmosphere---but GREAT food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

This is a small but really nice place that serves Great food. Lasagne is not one of my favorites, but Avanti's has an all you can eat lasagne specail every Tuesday night-so I went for it. It was without doubt, the best I have ever tasted. So good, we go back about once a month on a Tuesday to have it again.

Something very unique with Avanti's is that they sever all their home made ravioli over a bed of spaghetti.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Verona, Wisconsin, United States
“Great food, good atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

We went to Avanti in late September 2012. We went on a Friday night, myself, wife, 2 yr old daughter. We were seated immediately and our orders were taken promptly. We had bread while we waited, which was good, although it didn't come right away. I ordered the Combera D'angelo and my wife had the Spaghetti Bolognese.

I estimate that it took nearly an hour for our food to come out. This was way too long; the restaurant was not busy (We got there at about 5:45) and the pacing was poor. After the hour-long wait, our food came out...and it wasn't what I ordered. My wife got her spaghetti (thank god, because that's what we were going to feed our daughter), so I pointed out that it wasn't the correct dish and the waitress took it back to the kitchen. Only about 5 minutes later, she brought out the correct dish. She took the entree off of our bill entirely and was very apologetic.

The food itself was delicious; we will definitely go back sooner or later, since we live in Verona. Perhaps the pacing and the long wait was a one-time thing? I guess we will see. But I was very impressed by how the waitress handled the misunderstanding; true customer service is rarely seen any more. I gave Avanti an excellent rating because of this, and because of the food.

Protip: There's groupons, Bucky Book, and mailing coupons available for this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012