“Very rude.....”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Viroqua
Vernon Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Viroqua
Boscobel
“Very rude.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

We were in town for a wedding. When I called to make the reservations the never once asked how many adults and children. I had to ask if they were going to need that information. She put my last name in tottaly wrong! On the day of the wedding, We arrived around 9am. They did not tell me over the phone what time check-in was. We traveled from 2 hours away with 4 children and wanted to get into the room and have breakfast, rest then get ready for the wedding that everyone in the family was in. When we were walking in there was a note up saying that the pool was not open. My kids were looking forward to swimming. When we got inside I told the lady whom was working that we were checking-in. She said check-in was @ 4pm!!! I NEVER heard of such thing! I said we were here for a wedding and needed to be able to get into the room to get ready and what are we spose to do becuase the wedding started @ 4pm!!! She said the banquet room would be open to change for the wedding but we needed to shower and fix our hair. And the banquet room was open for a different wedding. How strange would that have been to change infront of people whom you did not know!!!!!!!!!
Where the bride was having the wedding we decided to go out there and tell her what was going on. The lady that rented the grounds/barn for the wedding was not pleased with what went on becuase she tells alot of her brides and their famiies to go there from out of town. The lady that rent the gounds/barn called and got us in early. I could not believe it had to come down to that! If they did not have my card on file from when I called I would NOT have staied there at all!!!!! I did not even get a sorry or anything when I checked in for the 2nd time. Needless to say we were almost late to the wedding where everyone who was with me was in it. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN AND DO NOT INCOUAGE ANYONE TO!!!! Breakfast sucked too!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank albremichelle2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

We were traveling with a group of Fall leaf watchers and found this great place to stay.
It is not a 5 star, but it was very clean and friendly
The rooms are large and the beds are very very comfortable----and the pool area was wonderful.
they did offer a simple breakfast complete with coffee, juice, cereal, toast, and pastries---just what we needed to start our day.
like some others said---The Viking Inn for supper can't be beat

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Viroqua, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

Vernon Inn & Suites was a great place to stay. Clean rooms, good free breakfast, and just overall a nice place. They even a have a pool that is open seasonally. Nice town over all...
If looking for a good meal try the Viking Inn...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

The hotel was overall good. We had clean towels, nice bathroom and the bed was excellent! I usually have problems with bad, hard and cheap beds but this one didn't make miss mine at home! The continental breakfast was the usual cold cereal, bread, bagels, some morning buns and coffee! The swimming pool was nice and the whirlpool too! The only thing that we noticed when we opened the room was the smell of cigarette smoke! But after a while it didn't bother us! I wish people wouldn't smoke in the rooms! The price of the hotel is a little pricey even with our AAA discount! It would be ok if they have a kiddy pool, then I would mind pay the price. Other than that I would recommend this hotel to family and friends

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Big Rapids, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed here for 9 nights in 7/2010. The hotel is not fancy; there are no fancy hotels in Veroqua! It's Veroqua - not Madison (thank God). Veroqua has more to offer than xerox hotels. It was clean and decent. It is a bit pricier than other options but it has a laundromat, reliable cable (TdF on Versus! - not so in others), fridge and microwave. We got exactly what we wanted and expected. We have come to love the Coulees for road biking and we will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

We picked the Vernon Inn, as it was close to the state park we were visiting. The from desk was friendly, but from another time - assigning our room seemed at least partly to entail a hand written ring binder. We mentioned that we looked at rates on line, and these were higher. We were told that the web site is deceiving as it is for one person in a room during the week, and she wished they were be more straight with their info. The Inn is supposed to be entirely smoke free, but our first room was smelly like smoke. Got another room, and part the same, but a ton of deoderizer must have been sprayed. Room was sort of run down, and roomy since it was a big room that could have used a desk or lounger. For sleeping, it is a very noisy hotel, with the usual car horns when people lock their car doors, and little insulation between the rooms. Breakfast is really weak - coffee, juice, mini-bagels still in a bag, white bread in a bag, cereal, and some coffee cake. I got something at the local co-op for the next morning. In all honesty, I don't know what else is in that area, but we won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Viroqua hotels

Twin Cities
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2010

We stayed here the weekend before Christmas and were hoping to have a nice relaxing evening by the pool with our grandson. We traveled three hours to spend some time with family for the holidays. When we checked in we saw a sign that the pool was closed!! There was no mention of this when I made my reservation and it had been closed since early fall. The clerk gave us a whole $5.00 off !! If I had known ahead of time I would have booked somewhere else. She said the nearest pool was 40 miles back the way we had just came so that was out of the question. Also when we got to our room there was absolutely no heat turned on and the temp outside was near zero. I would have thought they would have turned up the heat knowing we were coming. We had a one year old with us!!
The rooms was very clean and big, but the stay was a disappointment. As we drove away we saw that they still were advertising the swimming pool on their sign that they put messages on!

Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
missvernie, Manager at Vernon Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2010
Vernon Inn & Suites would like everyone to know that our swimming pool and whirlpool is up and running for the summer!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Viroqua
No photo provided
#1 of 1 in Westby
Justin Trails Resort
Justin Trails Resort
#1 of 5 in Sparta

Been to Vernon Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!